This is an old Ina Garten recipe my sister and I used to make all the time and I honestly had forgotten about it! The dressing is so good and the combo of the peas and pine nuts with the pesto dressing is pure gold. I added in some asparagus as well because I had some I needed to use up and it was a great addition! I find this is best when served at room temperature. Would make a lovely dinner served with grilled chicken or shrimp. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Pasta
- 1 1/2 cups Pesto
- 3/4 cup Mayo
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 10 oz bag frozen Spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups Green Peas
- 1 bunch Asparagus, trimmed into 1 inch pieces and blanched or roasted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Pine nuts
- Cook pasta according to box. After it is drained place in a bowl and toss with some olive oil.
- In a food processor add in pesto, spinach, mayo, juice of lemon and a little salt and pepper. Puree all.
- Toss pasta with pesto dressing. Fold in peas, asparagus, pine nuts and grated Parmesan cheese,