We often make my Dad’s breakfast burritos which we love but never breakfast tacos! I have had an abundance of corn shells in my CSA delivery basket so decided why not try Breakfast Tacos! Sterling and Frances can be hit or miss at breakfast but they both really loved the tacos. Sterling said, “these tacos are so good, they need to be in your cookbook”. They are so simple too, I made mine very basic for the kids but you could totally add in any sautéed veggies you want. I almost did spinach but Sterling snubbed his nose-haha! I made them and then kept them on a baking sheet in the oven on warm until ready to eat. Enjoy!
- 8-10 Eggs
- 4 oz Cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cup White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cojita Cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Corn Tortilla Shells
- In a large bowl add in eggs and cottage cheese and whisk together. Season with salt and pepper and slowly fold in 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add eggs and cook until lightly scrambled and fluffy. Keep on low heat once cooked.
- In another skillet on medium low heat, place a corn tortilla and flip on each side. Then add a little shredded cheese and slightly melt.
- Top with scrambled eggs. Add pico de Gallo, avocado, cilantro, cojita cheese and other toppings of your choice. Serve warm!