This has quickly become our newest lunch addiction. We love hot and spicy foods and we put hot sauce on literally everything. Even Sterling and Frances Moon ask for it too- I guess they got that spicy side from me! This chicken salad is full of so much flavor and on the healthier side. The buffalo dressing is made with mostly Greek Yogurt- you could honestly even omit the little bit of mayo if you wanted and I think it would still be good. This is great alone but we like to pile it on lettuce top with a little red cabbage and blue cheese and eat as a lettuce wrap!
We have really become obsessed with most New Primal products but the Buffalo Sauce is our favorite we put it on everything. We love the medium heat. It can be found at Whole Foods, Earthfare and Harris Teeter if you want to try it. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 3 stalks Celery
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 cup Greeek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Dried Chives
- 1/2 tsp Dried Dill
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley + Chives (Optional)
- Buffalo Sauce I really recommend The New Primal Buffalo Sauce — it is amazing but any kind will work
- Bibb or Romaine Lettuce (for wraps)
- Blue Cheese (for topping)
- Shredded Red Cabbage (Optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and place chicken breasts in and let simmer about 25-30 mins. Let cool then shred the chicken.
- In a medium bowl add Greek Yogurt, mayo, Buffalo Sauce, garlic powder, dried chives, dried dill, salt and pepper. Whisk all together.
- In a large bowl add shredded chicken, celery, red onion and if you using fresh parsley and chives. Lightly toss together. Pour dressing over the top and mix well.
- If making lettuce wraps, place lettuce (Bib or Romaine) works best on a plate. Scoop chicken salad in lettuce. Top with shredded red cabbage and blue cheese. Drizzle with more hot sauce if desired.