I am not a big sweets person. I would choose salty over sweet any day but peanut butter + chocolate is my weakness and my favorite sweet treat. If I am going to have some form of dessert it most likely will involve peanut butter and chocolate. There are lots of variations of this recipe floating around. I kind of made mine purely based on what I had on hand.
Frances Moon helped me make these and loved it. They are kind of similar to the yogurt PB cups we made a few weeks ago! A fun treat to make with the kids. They are fairly big, next time I may try and use a mini muffin pan so I don’t eat as much! They are beyond delicious! If you don’t like peanut butter I am sure these would be great with almond butter! They do start to get a little messy after removing from the freezer so it is best to enjoy them shortly after pulling them out! Enjoy!
- Muffin pan
- 1 cup Peanut Butter (I used an all-natural one)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 bag Chocolate Chips, semi-sweet
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter with maple syrup.
- Line a muffin pan with liners.
- Spread a layer of PB in the liners. This is tricky as it is sticky, I used a spoon to try and smooth it.
- Place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips. I did one minute and stirred and then another minute.
- Once softened, stir in the coconut oil and then honey. Whisk or stir til smooth.
- Spoon this chocolate mixture over the peanut butter and sprinkle the top with sea salt.
- Place back in the freezer for 30 minutes or longer!