I make Salmon Cakes frequently and the whole family loves them. I set about make them this week and realized I was out of canned salmon. I always have Tonnino Tuna in our pantry so I decided to sub the Lemon Pepper Tuna for the salmon and it was really tasty. We always serve our cakes with spicy mayo which I think elevates them. These are great to make ahead and cook right before dinner. We served ours with Brussels sprouts, sunchokes, and acorn peas. Enjoy!
- 2 jars Tonnino Lemon Pepper Tuna, drained
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Dill
- 3 tbsp Capers
- 2 Eggs
- Panko Breaadcrumbs
- Nature's Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Texas Pete Hot Sauce or Sriracha
- In a large bowl, dump the drained tuna and break up with fork into smaller pieces. Add in diced onion, diced bell pepper, fresh dill, capers, panko breadcrumbs and eggs. Season with salt and pepper and Nature's Seasoning.
- Mix all together and form into small patties. Should make 8 cakes.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes before cooking.
- In a skillet place a few drizzles of olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Heat to medium heat and place cakes in the pan. Cook about 5/7 minutes per side and flip. Lay on paper towels to drain after cooking.
- Serve with Spicy Mayo.
- Combine mayonnaise with Texas Pete or Sriracha (to desired hotness)