I love finding new ways to make Kale salads. I came across this recipe on Pinterest and it caught my eye right away. A salad full of so many of my favorite things. The dressing is the real star of this salad so def take the time to make it (literally takes 5 minutes to mix it all up). As I was making it Sterling came up and wanted to taste the dressing and he said it was the best dressing he had ever had. He gobbled up the salad. I do recommend doubling the dressing we found we needed more it was a little dry. The original recipe calls for sliced almonds but I didn’t have any but would definitely add next time. Enjoy!
Kale + Brussels Salad with Avocado Tahini Dressing
Kale + Brussels Salad
- 1 head Kale, thinly shredded
- 1 cup Brussels Sprouts, shredded
- 4 Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Cannelini Beans
- 6-8 Radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil, julienned
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Place avocado, lemon, tahini, water, olive oil, garlic clove, salt and pepper in a food processor and blend until mixed.
- In a bowl combine kale, Brussels, carrots, radishes. Toss with half the dressing and let sit 15 minutes (this helps the dressing soak in the kale).
- Add in white beans and basil and mix. Add more dressing and salt and pepper. I also did a extra squeeze of lemon juice.
Tools I used to make this salad :