I love egg casseroles and quiches, they are so fun to experiment with! This egg casserole is loaded with lots of fresh veggies and 4 different cheeses. Y’all know I love my veggies and cheeses so this combo makes me very happy. Now truth be told if I had happened to have sausage on hand I probably would have added it to this casserole but it turned out wonderful meat free. You could add sausage and use any veggies you have on hand, this is just what I was working with in our fridge. This would make a great Christmas morning breakfast. You can make ahead and partially cook and then reheat that morning! We have enjoyed leftovers for days, saves really well. Makes a great lunch served with a salad.
- 10 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- Large handful Spinach, chopped
- 2 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozerella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Paremesan Cheese
- 1 Tomato, sliced (optional - Makes it look pretty!)
- In a skillet heat a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add in diced onion, bell peppers and mushrooms. Cook about 5 minutes, then add in spinach and artichoke hearts. Cook a few minutes until spinach is wilted.
- In a large bowl add eggs, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and whisk together. Stir in cheddar cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese.
- In a baking dish pour the veggie mixture on the bottom and then pour the eggs on top. Lightly mix all together in dish. Sprinkle the top with the feta cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for about 35-40 minutes. Once eggs have hardened I added sliced tomatoes on top and cooked an extra 5 minutes.