I wanted to share two recipes that have been on repeat around here. I love light yet filling lunches and this has been a favorite combo. The flavors in both salads are so fresh and vibrant. By now y’all know Tonnino Tuna is basically all I buy. It is hands down the best tuna. Once you try it you will never look at canned tuna the same. The quality and flavor are top-notch. You can find it at Whole Foods and Harris Teeter- but the best flavor selection is on Amazon, I typically buy the jalapeño flavor but decided to branch out with the lemon pepper and it is equally amazing.
This is a lighter mayo-free tuna salad. It is filled with all my favorites like spicy pickles and capers and tossed with a Dijon Vinaigrette. The chopped salad recipe below pairs perfectly with the tuna!
LEMON PEPPER TUNA SALAD
- Mixed Lettuces (any kind will work)
- 2 Baby Cucumbers, diced
- 6-10 Radishes, sliced
- 1 bulb Fennel, sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese (I recommend buying the block and chopping yourself — it is so much better!)
- 1-2 tbsp Fressh Dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Champagne Vinegar
- In a bowl, combine tuna, red onion, capers and celery. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a jar, combine olive oil, dijon, whole grain mustard and champagne vinegar. shake to combine.
- Drizzle over tuna mixture and stir. You may not need all the dressing, just add until desired taste.
- Arrange lettuce in a bowl.
- Top with feta, red onion, fennel, cucumbers, dill, and radishes. Lightly toss.
- In a bowl or shaker, combine olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon juice and dijon, Season with salt and pepper. Shake to mix.
- Drizzle over salad and toss all together.