Awhile ago I had an omelet at a restaurant I used to love but has now closed and I have been dreaming about the flavor combination ever since. It was an omelet filled with spinach, mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, tarragon and goat cheese. The flavor combination was off the hook, they all paired perfectly. I don’t make the best omelets I swear there is art to it, mine are always a flop. So, instead I decided to make a quiche. I love a good quiche it is such an easy meal to whip to together and great for lunch or breakfast! We had actually had this for breakfast, lunch and then the kids had it for dinner one night. Quiche for every meal- haha! This one was a winner and will for sure be made again soon! Enjoy!
- 1 Pie Crust (I used Pillsbury)
- 2 cups Spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 package White Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1 jar Sun-Dried Tomatoes, drained and diced
- 4 oz. Goat Cheese
- 10 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place pie shell in a baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven and set aside.
- In a sauté pan add a few drizzles of olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add in mushrooms and onions and cook a few minutes. Add in spinach and sundried tomatoes and cook until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in crumbled goat cheese.
- Layer the cooked veggies on the bottom of the pie shell. Then pour the egg mixture over.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.