Years ago I used to make homemade granola all the time. We have all been into yogurt with granola and fruit for breakfast lately so I decided to whip up a batch. It is so easy to make and makes quite a bit, so it is perfect to share with neighbors or a new mom! It saves well in an air tight container for probably 2 weeks. I didn’t add in dried fruit this time but it is great with any dried fruit. I used to make ours with dried pineapple and mangos and it was delicious. This makes a great basic granola you can add anything to! Enjoy!
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup Almonds, slivered
- 1/2 cup Pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Assorted Dried Fruit (Cherries, pineapple, cranberries, etc.) (optional)
- In a bowl whisk together maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla and honey.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, coconut, chopped pecans, pistachios, almonds, cinnamon and salt. Stir together well.
- Toss oat mixture with liquids.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture out. Bake at 350°F and stir every 10 minutes for 30 minutes. The last 5 minutes I drizzle with extra honey and bake.
- After cooking and cooled, add in any dried fruits you like. We like the mixture plain because we add fresh fruit on our yogurt but it is so good with diced dried pineapple.