We had a very indulgent weekend last weekend staying downtown and eating most meals out, so this week I wanted to try and eat clean. This soup is loaded with lots of veggies. You can really use any combination of veggies you have on hand just load it up. I love adding in a jar of my favorite jalapeño beef bone broth for extra flavor but you can totally just use vegetable stock or plain beef broth. I served the kids theirs with grilled cheese if you need meal ideas:). It is a filling hearty and healthy soup! This makes quite a bit so you can freeze or I dropped some off to neighbors.
- 2 quarts Vegetable Stock
- 1 jar Jalapeño Beef Bone Broth (* see below) You can also just use more vegetable stock.
- 3 Carrots, sliced
- 1 Yellow Squash, sliced
- 1 Zucchini, sliced
- 1 small Red Onion, diced
- 1 head Kale, shredded
- 1 can Tomatoes, crushed
- 1 head Broccoli, chopped
- 1 bag Okra, frozen
- 1 bag Baby Lima Beans, frozen
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Hot Sauce
- Italian Herbs, dried (Mine were a mix of Basil, Parsely, and Oregano)
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing seasonings
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- In a large pot or dutch oven, drizzle olive oil and add bring to medium heat.
- • Add in onions, garlic, and carrots. Cook for about 5 minutes then add in squash and zucchini and cook another few minutes. • Add in broth, crushed tomatoes, broccoli, frozen okra, frozen lima beans, kale, red pepper flakes, Worchestershire sauce, ranch packet, and hot sauce.
- Simmer for an hour or longer. Serve with grated Parmesan, if desired.