I have been trying hard to waste less food and use items I have on hand to get innovative for meal planning. I have a local Farmer’s Market basket delivered each week and I get a dozen fresh eggs every week. Sometimes we fly through them sometimes we don’t. This week I had lots of eggs so I decided to make a tart (aka quiche) since we had so many eggs. This would be great with chicken added in but I didn’t have any. We love to top ours with a little hot sauce for extra flavor.
We had a meatless Monday and served ours with lima beans, squash, and a capers salad.
- 1 Pie Crust
- 2 heads Broccolini
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Grated White Cheddar (I like the Cracker barrel kind)
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop broccolini into bite-size pieces. Toss with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the pie shell in a dish, preface at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes. Once whisked stir in the grated cheese.
- In the pre cooked pie shell layer the roasted broccolini on the bottom. Then pour the egg mixture over top.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes. We like to serve ours topped with a few dashes of our favorite hot sauce.