In honor of my Dad’s birthday today I wanted to share his Breakfast Burrito recipe. These are a family favorite. My dad always makes them on beach vacation and when we go home and visit. They make quite a few burritos and save well and reheat well. Great if you have company staying at your house for the weekend. We like to add a little hot sauce or salsa to ours. Enjoy!
Happiest Birthday to the most wonderful Dad in the world.
- 1 package Tortillas, fajita size
- 12-14 Eggs
- 2-3 tbsp Milk
- 1 package Sausage (We used Jimmy Dean)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- American Cheese (any sliced cheese works)
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 small Green Bell Pepper, diced
- In a skillet sauté onions and bell pepper for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan. Use the same pan to cook the sausage. Then add in the cooked onions and peppers with the sausage. Drain on top of paper towel to remove extra grease.
- In a large bowl mix 12-14 eggs with salt and pepper and a little milk. Stir in grated cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Add eggs to skillet and cook until cooked through. Once cooked stir in sausage mixture.
- In a skillet heat a little butter. Place one tortilla shell in skillet and top with two pieces of American cheese and slightly melt. Remove shell and fill with egg-sausage mixture, wrap and then roll in foil. Repeat this step until all eggs are gone.