Salads on Repeat

I have been cooking like a mad women lately. Cooking helps my anxiety and gives me something to keep me occupied while I can’t leave the house. I live for salads. These are a few I have been making on repeat.

G R E E K S A L A D + G R I L L E D C H I C K E N

chopped spinach, cherry tomatoes. baby cucumbers, red onions diced, kalamata onions, marinated artichokes, Pepperoncinis, yellow bell pepper, hearts of palm. Dressing is olive oil and red wine vinegar.

Same salad minus grilled chicken add crushed pita chips.

C A P R E S E S A L A D

Cherry tomatoes, baby cucumbers, mozzarella balls, red onion, basil + Garlic Expressions dressing.

G R E E K. T U N A S A L A D

1 jar Tunnido tuna, diced bell pepper, marinated artichoke hearts, red onion diced, sliced green olives, capers, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers. Dressing is olive oil, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper.

B L T C H I C K E N S A L A D

1 rotisserie chicken, cherry tomatoes, green onions, bacon, sour cream, mayo and EBB seasoning.

T U N A Q U I N O A S A L A D

cooked quinoa, Tunnido tuna, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, diced red onion, diced orange bell pepper , shredded kale, capers- olive oil and red wine vinegar mixed together.

T A B B O U L E H

Near East Tabbouleh in a box cooked according to instructions. Then mix with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, chopped mint, chopped parsley. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.

L O A D E D G R E E E N S C O U S C O U S

Cooked whole wheat couscous (I buy from Trader Joe’s), Roasted Broccoli. marinated artichoke hearts, diced cucumbers, blanched asparagus, arugula, diced red onion. Dressing is olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.

1. Kelly
    April 29, 2020 / 1:10 pm

These look amazing thank you! What type of knifes do you recommend ?

• nataliemason
      Author
      April 30, 2020 / 1:33 pm

I love and swear by Global Knives the best!!

2. Sarah
    April 29, 2020 / 1:13 pm

Looks delicious! How often are you shopping for fresh produce? I’m having trouble keeping fresh veggies since we can’t go to the store weekly.

• Sarah
      April 30, 2020 / 3:25 pm

Not sure why you answered the other questions but skipped mine?

• nataliemason
      Author
      April 30, 2020 / 6:56 pm

Hey! somehow I missed this one! sorry! I do go to the store once a week usually Thursday mornings before I get the kids and shop for the week. We eat a lot of produce so I finds it lasts for a week. I also get a local farmers bag with veggies from a local farmer here:)

3. Susie Casey
    April 29, 2020 / 1:54 pm

Hi Natalie, these salads look gorgeous!! Can you please share where you got the bowl in all of these pictures? Also – are you still planning on a cookbook at some point?

Thank you!

• nataliemason
      Author
      April 30, 2020 / 1:33 pm

Hi! The bowl is from Celadon Home a store here in Charleston! and yes I still want to do a cookbook!

4. Elizabeth
    April 29, 2020 / 3:12 pm

Lunch inspiration!! Question – what is tunnido tuna? Is it a special brand you prefer?

• nataliemason
      Author
      April 30, 2020 / 1:34 pm

Yes! It in a glass jar Whole Foods, Harris Teeter and Amazon carry it. It is the best tuna!