I have followed Love and Lemons for ever and just love their recipes. I made this pasta salad this weekend and it was a huge winner. A reader actually sent the recipe to me and as soon as I saw it, I was like this has my name written all over it. Like most pasta salads I find they are best served room temperature. I adapted the original recipe because my arugula had gone bad, so I subbed extra fresh herbs and it was awesome. I also didn’t have a few spices but the dressing was still so fresh and delish. Enjoy!
S U M M E R P A S T A S A L A D
Recipe adapted via Love and Lemons
- 3 cups uncooked fusilli pasta
- 2 heaping cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Persian cucumbers, sliced into thin half moons
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup minced parsley
- ½ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
Cook pasta according to package. While it cooks whisk dressing ingredients. Drain pasta and drizzle it with a little olive oil so the noodles don’t stick and let it cool. Once it is room temperature add the tomatoes, chickpeas, pine nuts, herbs, cucumbers and feta. Toss all together and add dressing.
I own both their cookbooks and can’t say enough great things about them! They have beautiful pictures and the recipes are so yummy!
Love and Lemons Everyday