Happy Wednesday! I know so many of you messaged me wanting to know the recipes from my girl’s Supper Club last week! We had such a fun night and always do! I always think way too hard about what I am going to cook. I pondered this meal for a solid week- haha! For this particular one I made a charcuterie board for appetizer, a chopped salad and a Summer Squash Pasta Salad.
CHARCUTERIE BOARD– peppered salami + aged gouda cheese + maple nuts (see below for pic) + manchego cheese + raisin seed crackers + prosciutto + St. Andre cheese + TJ Parmesan crisps + honey crisp apples
In the bowls- fig jelly, olives, and pickled okra
I am totally obsessed with these maple nuts. My neighbor Sarah had them at happy hour one night and I gobbled them down! They are great on cheese platters.
CHOPPED SALAD– Arugula, chick peas , hearts of palms, orange bell pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and feta. Toss all together with Tessemae’s Green Goddess Dressing.
I love this dressing, I use it all the time. So good, They sell it at Whole Foods and Earthfare but you can also order HERE on Amazon.
SUMMER SQUASH PASTA SALAD- Recipe via New York Times
I promise this tastes better than it looks, it didn’t photograph great. It is a nice light Summer pasta. I added in pine nuts and more cheese than it called for. It is a little bland so add more red pepper flakes and pesto for extra flavor.
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces (for larger zucchini, cut in half lengthwise before slicing)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, or 2 tablespoons chopped green garlic
- 1 ounce basil, about 2 cups loose leaves
- 1 pound ziti or other dry pasta
- 8 ounces ricotta, about 1 cup
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 ounces grated Parmesan, pecorino or a mixture, about 1 cup, plus more for serving
- pine nuts
- Put a pot of water on to boil. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the onions in 3 tablespoons olive oil until softened, 5 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat as necessary to keep onions from browning. Add zucchini, season generously with salt and pepper, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until rather soft, about 10 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, use a mortar and pestle to pound garlic, basil and a little salt into a rough paste (or use a mini food processor). Stir in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Salt the pasta water well and put in the pasta, stirring. Boil per package instructions but make sure to keep pasta quite al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
- Add cooked pasta to zucchini in skillet and turn heat to medium-high. Add 1/2 cup cooking water, then the ricotta, crushed red pepper and lemon zest, stirring to distribute. Check seasoning and adjust. Cook for 1 minute more. Mixture should look creamy. Add a little more pasta water if necessary. Add the basil paste and half the grated cheese and quickly stir to incorporate. Spoon pasta into warm soup plates and sprinkle with additional cheese. Serve immediately
DESSERT- Adult Ice Cream Sandwiches
You take two butter crisps and spread a layer of ice cream. i recommend pistachio but any flavor will work. I found the butter crisps at Harris Teeter but you can also order on Amazon. Wrap in saran and place in freezer and then serve when ready!
Spread with this ice cream. It is so yummy.
The Table Setting
What I Wore- totally obsessed with this dress! I am wearing a size small.