Fitness Favorites + Workout Routine + Playlists

workout gear

I mentioned on here a few weeks ago I had gained about 8-10 pounds recently.  I am not one of those people who loose weight when they are stressed out I eat and drink wine instead- haha.  At the end of each Summer I typically gain a few pounds but this is the most weight I have put on in awhile.  I just feel gross and really want to lose the weight.  I have been trying to eat fairly clean and work out but man this weight is hard to budge.   I don’t know if it is because I am getting older or what but loosing weight is not as easy as it used to be.   I know a lot of you asked me to share my workout routine and what I have been eating.  I think I will do a whole separate post on my eating and just discuss my workout and gear today.  If you follow me on instagram @snoopnattynat I have been trying to post pictures of some of my meals on my instastories so check that out.

As far as workouts I try to get in 4 a week.  Ideally I would like to get in 5 but sometimes it is hard.  I am thinking about starting the BBG program- has anyone done this?  Heard great things about it and people’s progress with the program .

This is a sample schedule of my weekly workouts.

MONDAY- 1 hour barre class

TUESDAY- Cardio 30-40 minutes.  I typically do the stairmill or treadmill and sometimes split the time on both machines.  I do level 7-8 on the stairmill and on the treadmill I walk on an incline of 12 or do running intervals.  After cardio I do 45 side bends (each side), both inner/outer thigh leg machines- 100 reps at 85 lbs, 30 pull-ups on the pull-up machine using 130 lbs (tip the heavier the weight the easier it is to pull yourself up), 30 sit ups with a 6lb weighted ball, 50 arm dips using the machine.

WEDNESDAY- typically skip the middle day

THURSDAY- cardio/weights  repeat from Tuesday

FRIDAY- Barre class

SATURDAY/SUNDAY- If Matt has the kids on the weekend I try to squeeze in a run when I can.  I usually do 3 miles.

Here are 2 sample playlists I have listening to lately.

W O R K O U T   G E A R  F A V O R I T E S

Twist Front top

I have this in the black and love it.  I am going to order the white as well.  Runs TTS, I have a small.  It is perfect for tossing on over your workout clothes and cute with jeans and a long tank too.

High Waisted Leggings

I swear by these leggings and they are now out in a gorgeous gray color for Fall.  I wear my black pair outside the gym too with sweaters and boots.

Heathered Sweater

I love pullovers like this to toss on the way to the gym.

High Waisted Lattice Leggings

I have these in the black and wear them often.  I love the back detail and the fact that they are high waisted.  I love this camel color for fall.

Hoodie

This is the softest hoodie and currently 40% off.

Pocket Tee

Invigorate Bra

Recently I splurged on a nice sports bra and it has made a huge difference.  The support on this one is great and I love the mesh back.  I wear a 6 in this style.

Cardigan

Perfect for the gym or lounging.  Also comes in black.

Nikes

I have been wearing these for the past year and love them.  Light weight and great for all sorts of activities.

Joggers

I love the idea of these for loungewear and running errands.

Tank

One of my favorite workout tanks.  I love that it is looser fitting and the length is great.

Stripe Tee

Sometimes I like to pair regular tees with my leggings either for the gym or just to run around town.  I always like an oversized fit like this tee.

Gym Tote

This makes a great gym tote and also a great diaper bag as well.  It is nylon so easy to wipe down.

BRK Water Bottles

I have a few of these glass water bottles and love them.  This duo is a great price you save $27.  You could even split it up and give half as a gift.

Super Greens Supplement

I love these to put in my water for extra greens and vitamins.  I swear they give me more energy.

Slip on Sneakers

If I am just doing barre class sometimes I like to wear easy slip on shoes since you don’t wear shoes during class.  These are now 50% off.

Sunglasses

Always necessary in the morning.  I am the worst about losing my sunglasses so I have been buying cheaper ones.  These are only $12.

1. Angie
    September 14, 2017 / 1:03 pm

I’ve been doing the BBG workouts, on week 12, and love it! I’m doing the resistance program since I don’t’ t have access to a full gym, hoping to join in the winter when I’m little one stops taking 2 naps and I have the hand weights and improvise with some of other materials as but I can tell and feel a difference.

2. Emily
    September 14, 2017 / 1:28 pm

I am right there with you! I am going through a divorce this year, too, and put on a few pounds from stress. I personal train on the side and I think if you want to lose the weight you need to up your cardio and your lifting sessions. I love barre- it’s great for toning and abs. I know workout time is limited, but if you can fit in a 30 minute high intensity workout in addition to barre days or at least 3x/week. I even bring my kids to the playground and do it at the park. I also love HIIT because you only need to do 30 minute workouts to see results! I would also do more of a variety of lifting exercises. The more muscle you have the stronger you will be and the more toned you will be. Your metabolism will increase, too. Good luck!!

3. Jessica W
    September 14, 2017 / 1:41 pm

BBG is amazing. You have to stay committed and do the full 12 weeks, but you will see results. I only did the 3 workouts a week and minimal cardio, and I saw results. I did not follow the meal plan though. But still I highly recommend BBG. They workouts are fast but they are HARD in a good way :). My arms have real definition for the first time in my life! I’ll also mention I’m 37 and I have 2 kids a little younger than yours. And I work full-time and feel like time is so precious. Fitting BBG in is easy – 30 minutes 3 times and week! You should totally do it!

4. September 14, 2017 / 7:28 pm

I can’t comment on BBG but I do know OrangeTheory is a great workout! I joined because Julia Hengel (Gal Meets Glam) raved about it and I wanted to incorporate something new into my regime (I am an avid runner). I always gain weight in the summer as well. But I find once the kids are back in school, my snacking stops cause they are not around 🙂 But I will say, when I hit my middle 30’s, weight did not come off as easily as it used too. I will 100% say, cardio is the key! I am in better shape now than I was in high school and college. So at 45 years, I think I am doing things right!

5. Jill
    September 14, 2017 / 10:38 pm

As I’ve gotten older the only way the pounds come off is lifting heavy weights. I do crossfit three times a week. I know it’s not for everyone but I can do cardio all day and it does nothing. Especially after two kids gave me the flabbiest belly ever!

6. September 15, 2017 / 8:06 pm

Zellas are everything! I literally live in them (I guess that’s why they called them “live-in” leggings). Thanks for sharing your playlist, too! I’m always looking for new songs to jam to while I’m working out – or driving w/o the kiddo.

7. Aubrey Smith
    September 17, 2017 / 2:12 pm

I’ve been on a mission to lose those lbs. and have never felt better than on this faster way to fat loss program! After 4 weeks I’ve lost 5 lbs and 7 inches. On a side note I’ve never eaten more food while still losing. It uses intermittent fasting and carb cycling and has completely changed my mindset!