Happy Thursday, it is time for a new installment of Mom confessions.
– Today is Sterling’s 7th Birthday. I am not kidding when I say I feel like the last 7 years went by in the blink of eye. It scares me to think how fast the next 7 years will go by and then I will have a 14 year old. I still vividly remember checking into the hospital, laboring for 32 hours and becoming a mom for the first time. I was terrified but then when I held him for the first time I knew this was my purpose, to be a mom. Sterling provides me with so much unconditional love and has taught me the same. I thank God everyday for him. Happy 7th to my sweet boy!
– A few weeks ago Sterling called me to our back door and goes look out on the porch mom. He said do you see that animal? Sterling pranks me often so I was totally expecting a joke. It took me a minute to focus in and see he was pointing to a rat or very large mouse that was chilling on our play kitchen set on the porch. The next day I saw two large mice- now I am now officially freaking out. I called my next door neighbor who helped me set up traps and rat poison. I was too scared to even set foot on the porch for a week. I later found out Sterling and his friends had been making potions with water and my spices and that was attracting the mice- yikes!
– Potty training sucks. I should have known Sterling was so easy and Frances has been difficult. She is pretty good about going tee tee in the potty but freaks about pooping. She will bring me a diaper when she needs to poop and ask me to put it on her, then she will walk away and go poop. If I ask her to poop in the potty she screams and runs away and hides.
– Sterling recently had some allergy testing done and we found out he was basically allergic to everything. His allergy doctor said allergy shots were really the best option for him since he had such an extreme reaction to so many external things. I took him in last week for his first shot. He basically turned into the exorcist. The first nurse came in and tried to give him the shot and he was screaming and flipping out so badly they called in a second nurse to help hold him down. He then starts hitting and kicking and no one is able to pin him down because he is so erratic. Then the head doctor walks in and tells me he will not be receiving allergy shots because he is too immature and a threat to her staff. At this point I am crying because no one wants to see their child acting like Sterling did. We left but he still really needs shots- anyone have advice for getting kids to calm down for shots? Bribery does not work:)
– Frances screams every time I brush her hair. Like even if I barely touch her hair or just put a bow in she screams as loud as she can and says I am hurting her. She acts like I am torturing her in the worst way possible. I dread doing her hair in the morning and many times after I do it she rips out the pony tail or bow. Is this normal and do kids grow out of this????
– Frances keeps telling everyone she is going to have a baby and that baby Jesus is in her tummy. I think playing Mary in the school Christmas play got into her head- haha. Last night she told me I was gonna be a grandma soon:)
– Sterling’s made this Valentine’s card for me. I love that I look like Britney Spears. He said he put me in workout clothes because I am always in workout clothes. If only my workout clothes looked like that and I looked that good in them:)
– My kids love lunchables and Spongebob. It makes me think at some point I have majorly failed as a mom.
– I am fully addicted to Parenthood. I feel like I am a Braverman at heart. I also now want to have two boys and two girls so I can mimic their family life. The best show ever. Craig T Nelson reminds me so much of my dad in so many ways.
– Yesterday I took Sterling and his best friend to see the new Batman movie as a birthday treat. It was dark and I was so tired and I immediately fell asleep and slept through half of the the movie. Not gonna lie it was nice to take a nap during the day.
– Speaking of legos, I throw them away all the time. If I step on one and find them loose on the ground they are trash. We have way too many legos.
– Frances only wants to wear pink. If I bring her an outfit that is not pink she starts crying and saying it needs to be pink. Who knew the dressing struggle would start this young.
– As soon as I clean the den and pick up all the toys everywhere it never fails Frances will decide the one toy she needs to sleep with is buried at the bottom of the toy bin. She then dumps all the toys out to get to that single toy.
– I recently found out when I was asking Sterling to clean his room he was throwing everything in his dirty clothes hamper- clean clothes and all just so the floor looked clean. I was like this is not gonna fly. Not sure why it is so hard for him to put his clothes away but the struggle is real. He also never closes his dresser drawers and that drives me nuts!
Happy Thursday! I would love to hear any of your mom confessions to make me feel like less of a weirdo:)