As soon as I saw this salad on Pinterest I knew it had my name written all over it. I made it this past weekend and it was a huge hit. My mom and sister both loved it. This would be a great salad to take to a dinner party or picnic. The flavors are so fresh. It is a filling salad because of the quinoa and banes but not heavy at all. This saves well in the fridge for several days and I think is best at room temperature.
We doubled the dressing because we felt like it needed more and it was perfect in my opinion.
|| 3 B E A N Q U I N O A S A L A D ||
via Two Peas and Their Pod
For the Salad:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ½ lb. green beans, trimmed and snapped into 2-inch pieces (I used haricot verts)
- 1 (15 oz) can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese- (I used 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
For the Dressing: (we doubled this)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, covered. Remove lid and fluff with a fork. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, blanch the green beans. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain the green beans and place in a bowl of ice water. Drain well and pat dry.
- Add the green beans, garbanzo beans, white beans, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, olives, and basil to the bowl with the quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over the salad and gently stir until salad is coated with dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper. Serve.
Several of you commented on my instastories wanting to know about my workout pants. These have a been a current favorite, I love the scallop detail. I have the black but I just saw they are now out in navy, purple and turquoise too! In lulu I usually go up a size. I wear a 6 in these leggings. These leggings are great because they really suck you in and are flattering!