In honor of my 36th Birthday being today I thought it would be fun to share 36 facts about me you may or may not know!
1) I eat at least a jar of peperoncinis a week. They are my favorite snack and now Sterling is addicted to them too.
2) I hate the taste of toothpaste. I would rather wash my face at nigh than brush my teeth.
3) I am a neat person but not clean. Don’t ask me to wash dishes there will always be spots afterwards.
4) When I was in 4th grade Nickelodeon took over my school. It was pretty amazing, Marc Summers spear headed it and they had obstacle courses and people got slimmed. Boys 2 Men preformed.
5) I like to eat all the cheese and toppings off my pizza and leave the bread.
6) I have been highlighting my hair since I was 13.
7) I once traveled to Germany and had a complete panic attack as we boarded the plane to come home. I seriously thought I may have to stay and live in Germany because there was no way I could handle a 8 hour flight home.
8) My dream job would be to be a stylist or to write a cookbook.
9) My favorite flowers are peonies and tulips. I hate sunflowers.
10) I have a black thumb at gardening and kill pretty much anything I plant. It is a running joke at our house. Matt tends to the plants.
11) I am terrified of my loved ones dying and think about it several times a day.
12) I talk to my mom and sister on the phone at least 5 times a day.
13) Matt and I have been together for 15 years.
14) I have a slight addiction to blouses and dresses. They are my favorite items to shop for.
15) I am a total type A personality and I always like to be in control.
16) I only drink decaf coffee
17) On my first trip to NYC my mom and I went to the taping of the then Regis and Kathy and Lee Show. My seat was the one chosen for the trivia prize. We won a years worth supply of Ricola cough drops and a gift card to JCPenny.
18) Favorite drink = good tequila. Favorite meal = anything Mexican.
19) I have pretty much given up most meat but I just can’t part with bacon.
20) I am terrified of planes, sharks, and tornados.
21) Gossip Girl and Breaking Bad still remain 2 of my favorite tv shows ever.
22) Two places I would love to travel to are Napa and Greece
23) I am a total hypochondriac. I am always convinced I am dying.
24) I don’t like cats at all. They freak me out.
25) I am the least athletic person in my family. I am not good at any sports.
26) I like to be the driver on road trips, hence my type A personality. I like to be in control.
27) I hate any sweet drinks. I drink my tea unsweetened and don’t like mixers.
28) I met Bobby Flay once while I was in NYC and it made my trip complete. I made reservations at his restaurant hoping I would see him and I did!
29) I hate going to the dentist. I would rather go to the OBGYN than the dentist.
30) I believe in signs from loved ones that have passed. After my grandfather died my mom found a frog in her house and I know it was him. He and my grandmother loved frogs. Now each of us will occasionally see the same sort of frog at our houses and I know it is him, letting us know he is ok.
31) I like to keep my finger nails super short, I hate having long nails.
32) I secretly throw away toys and art from my kids when they are not home. And you know what they never miss it:)
33) I much prefer to write everything out in my planner than use my phone or computer. I am completely old school in that sense. I write a to-do list every single day.
34) I love to read. I don’t have as much time to read anymore but I still love to curl up in bed with really good book.
35) I have one eye with blonde eye lashes and one eye with black eye lashes
36) I love my 30s. Best decade yet and I am so excited what 36 will bring. I feel like each year I become more confident in who I am and care less about the unimportant stuff.