It’s Wednesday and that means Taco Night in the Mason house. My favorite night of the week. This dip would be the perfect starter for Taco Night. It could not be easier to make. But beware you will want to eat it with a spoon. At least we all did last week. We made this while I was home visiting my parents and it was a huge hit. The two cheeses and chorizo combo is killer. Add whatever toppings you like but the cheese and meat are the real stars. I do recommend pickled or fresh jalapenos because they add great flavor and heat. The longer this sits out it does tend to thicken up like any cheese dip so just reheat or use a spoon.
Scenes from our dinner table.
|| L O A D E D Q U E S O F U N D I D O D I P ||
recipe via an old Food Network magazine
– 1lb Pepperjack cheese shredded
– 1lb American cheese shredded (I used the box of velvetta and chopped it up)
– 1 chipotle chili in adobe sauce + 1 tablespoon the adobo sauce
– chorizo cooked and crumbled
– diced tomatoes, jalapenos, green onions, and radish for toppings
In a bowl combine shredded pepper-jack, shredded American cheese, chipotle pepper, 1 tablespoon adobe sauce and half the cooked chorizo. Mix all together. Pour in a baking dish and sprinkle with rest of the chorizo. Bake at 400 degrees 20-25 minutes until bubbly. Add toppings and serve with chips!