Scenes From Our Memorial Day Weekend

Happy Tuesday y’all, although it kind of still feels like Monday to me.  Four day weekends always throw me off.  This is our first real week home with no school.  We are ready to enjoy our Summer, although I do kind of like a schedule:)

I hope you all had a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend. I am always forever grateful to those men and women who so fearlessly serve and protect our country.

Matt had a few of his best friends come stay for the weekend, they do this every year.  So I packed up and headed to my parents condo down here for a mini staycation with my parents and sister and brother in law.  We had a blast and it is always nice to have extra help with the kids.

Friday morning we took the kids to Wonderworks to play.  We just love that toy store, they have the coolest toys and gifts.

Matt came over for happy hour Friday night before his friends arrived and we managed to get a pretty good family picture.

Wearing Embroidered Top + White Jeans

Frances Moon’s Flamingo romper is only $16!

Close up of the detail of my top.  I love the embroidery detail.  It runs tts, I am in a size 4.

Of course on the first day a horse fly bit my foot and I had a major allergic reaction.  My foot was so swollen and painful the entire weekend.

We spent much of the weekend at the pool.

Marysia Bathing Suit | Sunglasses | Frances Moon’s Swim suit

Barbara Cobb was sweet enough to send me and Frances beach hats and we adore them!!  You create your own by picking your inner and outer fabrics and monogram. You can see all the fabric choices and create your own here.  She also makes matching beach totes:)  I decided to make our hats coordinate with the same inner black and white fabric.

We enjoyed a fabulous dinner out at Big Belly.  I am totally obsessed with their tempura flounder tacos. Try them next time you go!

Wearing my palm print blouse.  It has been on heavy rotation lately.

We loved having cousin Finley in town too.  These 3 have so much fun together.

I couldn’t resist the matching pjs for Frances and Sterling.

The kids with my parents.  Of course they all would not look at the camera.  Just missing our other sweet cousin Maxton!

Sunday we attempted to take our boat out but it was pretty rough so we just sent the men and enjoyed a few cocktails at the Yacht Club after plus a killer sunset.

Joe Fresh Cover-up

Monday was super low key but ended with a fabulous cocktail my Dad created.  This cucumber martini is so refreshing!!

Followed by a kick ass Salsa Verde Enchilada Casserole.  I will share the recipe tomorrow!

Let’s do this Tuesday!

1. May 26, 2015 / 11:53 am

What a fun weekend!!! Love their matching jammies!!!

2. May 26, 2015 / 12:06 pm

Y'all have such a cute family!! Love that palm print top and looking forward to tomorrow's recipe πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Happy Tuesday!!

Annie Reeves

3. May 26, 2015 / 12:33 pm

What a fun weekend and beautiful family! Love your Marysia bathing suit – ordered a black one yesterday, and the pi's…adorable!

4. May 26, 2015 / 12:39 pm

Can't wait for your enchilada recipe! I love making them with quinoa for a healthy twist.

5. Looks like a great weekend! I bought my daughter those Gap jammies as well – seriously obsessed with all things palm at the moment (if you haven't noticed from our Insta haha)! Can't wait for the recipe, looks SO good. xx

6. May 26, 2015 / 3:04 pm

Yum, that enchilada casserole and those tacos look amazing! Your kids are the cutest, love their matching PJs. πŸ™‚

7. May 26, 2015 / 3:14 pm

Pretty sure that's the only bathing suit you will ever need! You look so chic and fantastic in it!

8. May 26, 2015 / 6:10 pm

OMG Girl, I got bitten by ants on one foot and my foot has stayed semi swollen for THREE YEARS! It's not bad but I can tell a difference. Hope yours goes down. And I can't wait to see that enchilada recipe.

9. May 26, 2015 / 9:28 pm

Aren't Marysia swim suits just the best?! I seriously don't want to wear any other suits after getting a few of hers because they are so comfy!

And your poor foot! πŸ™ I hope it's better now – it looks so painful!

xoxo

Jessie
    jessieholmesspringer.com

10. May 27, 2015 / 2:16 pm

natalie – I try not to visit to frequently as yours and most blogs just make me think about things I want that I never thought about until seeing them on blogs ("Lots of Candles Plenty of Cake" is a great read about this kind of stuffitous) HOWEVER
    your summer salad and your dad's martini sound insanely fab. I like your taste in food and drink and am happy to put money where my mouth is πŸ™‚

11. May 29, 2015 / 1:29 am

Looks like the perfect weekend…and I am love, love, loving your summer style lately! Want that bathing suit and palm top!