I am sure by now you have heard something about Essential Oils. I want to start by saying this is not a sponsored post, I was not paid to write this nor am I sales rep for the company. I just wanted to share my experience with the oils because I have gotten a lot of questions about them.
One of my good friends kept giving me samples of her oils when my kids were continually sick and Matt had back problems a few months ago. After using the creams she made for us (the germ buster and pain cream- she also gave me a facial toner that I loved as well) I became hooked and decided I wanted my own oils. I do not recommend using these instead of seeing a doctor. This is not used to replace a doctor if you or your child needs medical attention. I like to think of them as all natural preventative health. I am into anything that is chemical free and can help us. These oils are 100% all natural.
I chose the company Young Living for several resasons. First they guarantee their Seed to Seal process,
as in they have control over the seeds/oils from beginning to end,
versus other companies that buy oils from farm and distributors
without knowing if any synthetics or fillers have been added. All their oils are also 1st round distilled and never diluted. Some companies dilute their oils so they don’t have the same potency or effectiveness.
I got the starter kit and diffuser. This includes 11 oils and the diffuser. This runs $150 for the set. To compare if you purchase everything separately it is around $300. The diffuser alone is $70 and one of the oils Frankincense is $70 separately too. You are better off to get the set if you are interested. Plus I like having access to all the main oils. I have to say the diffuser has become my favorite thing. I use it daily. The set is worth it just for the diffuser, I promise you will become addicted to it!! I swear it has helped with all of our allergies especially right now since the pollen is out of control.
The diffuser is below, it is small and totally not an eye sore.
To get started with the oils is the hardest part. I was overwhelmed where to begin and what to use at first but once you get going and comfortable with them, its easy.
A few of my favorite uses of the oils:
– I put a drop of the lemon in my water daily, especially my hot lemon water at night (side note only use the citrus in a glass cup)
– I diffuse the lavendaer in our bedroom at night to help me sleep. Lavender is proven to help with sleep issues and it really relaxes me plus I love the smell.
– Allergy Trio– I diffuse a drop of peppermint, lemon, and lavender with distilled water for allergies- I swear by this combo I diffuse it almost everyday and it has made a huge difference in all of our allergies! Sterling used to have a constant cough that is gone now.
– I rub peppermint (diluted) on my temples for headaches. It also helps to inhale it if you are nauseous
– Cold Buster:1 tbsp honey, 1 drop Thieves , 1 drop lemon in a glass of water. Repeat every 4 hours for 24-48 hours. I had a sore throat two weeks ago this kicked it in a day
– The stomach bug and other crap was going around the kids school so I diffuse thieves and purification to help ward off illness.
–GermBuster: 1/2 cup coconut oil, 10 drops Purification, 10 drops Thieves, 10 drops lavender
(Add RC for cold or congestion). This helps keep your kids staying healthy.
– Sleepy Time: 3/4 cup coconut oil, 8 drops lavender, 8 drops Peace and Calming , 8 drops Valor
Rub on bottom of feet and cover with socks- this is great for helping kids sleep at night!
–Pain cream: 1/4 cup coconut oil, 10 drops PanAway, 10 drops Valor, 10 drops peppermint
I have used this for neck and back pain.
side note- before mixing the creams with coconut oil I whip it with a beater a for a minute or two. It makes it fluffy and easy to mix.
These are just a few of my favorite everyday uses there are so many other uses for the oils. I would love to hear if you use any essential oils and your favorite uses. I have to say on a whole our family has had less allergy issues and been healthier since we started using the oils. I am hooked.
Whew, that’s alot to take in right! I am a huge fan of my essential oils so I just wanted to share!!
If you are interested, want additional info or want to order the kit that I have and love, you can email email@example.com (Nicola). Nicola is my friend that got me started and is wealth of information and also a registered nurse. She can get you the discounted price on the kit and diffuser.
Just a reminder to all locals I am helping to host a fabulous pop-up shop tomorrow with Progeny Shoppe from Raleigh, NC. Please stop by and shop !
PROGENY POP UP is this
Saturday, March 21st from 10am – 4pm at Camp Perri in Mt. Pleasant, SC.
Hosted by Allie Mood (@allieroyall – mom to the adorable Poppy and
Henry) and Natalie Mason (@snoopnattynat / designer bags and dirty
diapers blog – mom
to sweet Frances Moon and Sterling). A curated collection of clothing
and accessories from coveted brands including Mini Rodini, Bang Bang
Copenhagen, Wolf & Rita, Lindsey Berns, Sunuva, Boy+Girl, Dagmar
Daley, Boho Beads, Gunner + Lux, Colette Bream, Ferm
Living, and more!