I love a good soup on a chilly day especially one I can toss in one big pot and let it simmer for awhile. This can also be made in your Crock Pot if you prefer, just saute the veggies first and then put everything in the Crockpot on low. I let this soup simmer for a few hours and just added in the pasta close to time to eat because it cooks quickly. This soup was so delicious and filled with so many yummy veggies. The cornbread is a family favorite. It is so easy to make and so good. It pairs perfectly with the soup. It is a recipe you will want to save, trust me this cornbread is awesome.
|| 7 V E G E T A B L E M I N E S T R O N E S O U P ||
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion
2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 medium yellow squash, chopped
2 medium zucchini, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
1 – 15.25 oz. can whole kernel sweet white corn, drained
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 box chicken broth about 4 cups (plus more if needed)
1 cup uncooked ditalini pasta ( add more if you like more pasta)
1 – 15.5 oz. can Great Northern beans, rinsed & drained
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 – 6 oz. bag of fresh baby spinach
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes, until softened, stirring frequently.
- Add oregano and garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in squash, zucchini, carrot, and corn; sauté 5 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add Chicken Broth and sauteed veggies to your pot. Add in Ranch Packet and about 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Add pasta and beans to pot; cook 10 minutes until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top each bowl with cheese.
|| B E S T C O R N B R E A D ||
– 2 packages Jiffy cornbread mix
– 3 eggs beaten
– 1 8 oz sour cream
– 1 stick of butter
1 14 oz can creamed corn
Melt butter in 9×12 dish @ 350 degrees. Mix other ingredients and pour in pan. Bake 30-40 mins.