I am a dip lover. Well, really I am an appetizer lover. I would be so happy with a spread of good appetizers and wine and no real meal. With the holiday season fast approaching and football in full swing it is always good to have some delicious appetizer ideas. The past few weeks I have gotten an abundance of corn in my CSA Basket- I am talking like 6 ears a week so I was trying to get creative how to use them up. Enter this corn dip. It is cheesy and filled with bacon you can’t ask for much more in a dip. Easy to make ahead and just reheat before you serve it. I served ours with Tortilla chips but you could do another type of chip if you prefer. Try not and eat spoonfuls of this, I dare you!
- 5-6 slices Bacon, diced ( I used a mix of Prosciutto and bacon because I had it on hand)
- 3 cups Corn kernels (I used fresh corn that I roasted in the oven for about 30 mins; you can also use frozen or canned.)
- 1 small White onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Orange or Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 3 Green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- A dash of hot sauce (we used homemade Habanero hot sauce but any hot sauce will give this an extra kick)
- Tortilla chips
- Heata large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and prosciutto and cook until brownand crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Leave some of the extra drippings to cook veggies in.
- Addcorn, onion, bell pepper and jalapeño to the skillet. Cook, stirringoccasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese andmilk until well combined, about 2-3 minutes. If the mixture is toothick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in green onions, half the bacon, and garlic salt, season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Add in hot sauce .
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with extra bacon.