I am a dip lover. Well really I am an appetizer lover. I would be so happy with a spread of good appetizers and wine and no real meal. With the holiday season fast approaching and football in full swing it is always good to have some delicious appetizer ideas. The past few weeks I have gotten an abundance of corn in my CSA Basket- I am talking like 6 ears a week so I was trying to get creative how to use them up. Enter this corn dip. It is cheesy and filled with bacon you can’t ask for much more in a dip. Easy to make ahead and just reheat before you serve it. I served ours with Tortilla chips but you could do another type of chip if you prefer. Try not and eat spoonfuls of this, I dare you!
|| B A C O N C O R N D I P ||
adapted via Damn Delicious
- 5-6 slices bacon, diced ( I used a mix of Prosciutto and bacon because I had it on hand)
- 3 cups corn kernels (I used fresh corn that I roasted in the oven about 30 mins, you can also use frozen or canned)
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1/4 cup diced orange or red bell pepper
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced,
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- dash of hot sauce we used homemade Habanero hot sauce but any hot sauce will give this an extra kick
- Tortilla chips for serving
a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and prosciutto and cook until brown
and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Leave some of the extra drippings to cook veggies in.
corn, onion, bell pepper and jalapeño to the skillet. Cook, stirring
occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese and
milk until well combined, about 2-3 minutes. If the mixture is too
thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in green onions, half the bacon, and garlic salt, season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Add in hot sauce
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with extra bacon