Holy wow is all I can say about this dip. It was demolished in like 10 minutes this past weekend. Huge hit. You will not be sad you made this, except you may be mad at yourself for the sheer quantity you consume. The original recipe called for frozen kale which oddly enough I could not find, although I am sure Whole Foods or Earthfare probably carries it. Instead I used a whole head of fresh organic kale and lightly sauteed it. It worked just perfect. I also tripled the amount of bacon the recipe called for, we are bacon lovers what can I say. The kale balances out the bacon right? You can easily make this dip ahead of time and just keep it in your fridge and bake right before you are ready to serve it. We served ours with tortilla chips but I think it would also be good with pita chips or if you want to be healthy carrots and celery. I added some extra bacon crumbles on top for presentation:)
|| K A L E + B A C O N D I P ||
adapted via What’s Gabby Cooking
- 1 bunch kale, finely sliced
- 1 cup Mayo
- 16 ounces Sour Cream
- 1 Package Knorr Vegetable Mix
- 14 strips cooked Bacon crumbled (one package of the precooked microwave bacon)
- 3/4 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Tortilla Chips
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drizzle olive oil in a pan and lightly sautee the chopped kale until it has wilted slightly about 10 mins or so. If you use frozen kale just thaw and squeeze out all extra water.
the kale, mayo, sour cream, vegetable mix, cooked bacon and Monterey jack cheese in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium sized baking dish and top with the shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until bubbly and lightly golden on top, about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Let set for 5 minutes before serving.