Scenes From Our Weekend

Well that weekend flew by! Happy MLK Day. Sterling is out of school today so we are off to run some errands and I am going to attempt Target with two kids,  may be a bad idea!

Today Miss Frances Moon is two months old. I swear time is flying by, I feel like I was just in the hospital having her.  I have had so much fun dressing her up, girl clothes really are fun.  This weekend we decided to try out our Valentines outfit,  pretty adorable if I do say so.  Both the sweater and pants are on sale.

|| Heart Sweater | Striped Pants ||

Friday night we went out to dinner with two other couples, The Nixons and Hewitts for date night.  It was restaurant week so we were excited about a good meal for a great price.  We ate at 82 Queen and I have to say we were severely disappointed the food was totally mediocre and borderline bad.   I would not eat there again.   I am kind of over restaurant week, the meals are just never that good.   The company however was excellent and that is the most important thing right??

I wore my Equipment Owen Dress, such a great dress and Christina Jervey moon necklace.

I love this Equipment Dress so much, such an easy dress to dress up or down.  Runs true to size I am wearing a small.
||EQUIPMENT OWEN DRESS ||

I also love this floral print it comes in as well.

|| EQUIPMENT OWEN DRESS ||

Wore my Twine and Twig necklace again this weekend, such a great necklace!

Saturday we had a fairly lazy day.

I whipped up a batch of Energy Balls.  They are super easy to make: Mix 1 cup oats, 3/4 cups shredded coconut, 1/3 cup honey, 1/2 mini chocolate chips, 1 tsp vanilla. 1 tsp cinnamon.  Refrigerate for 30 mins then roll into balls.  Add flax seed or chia seeds if desired.

Sunday I scrubbed and cleaned out our
entire fridge and pantry.  Such a good feeling to open it and see it so clean.   We also enjoyed some beautiful weather at the park.

I also signed up for my first Nature Box.  Have anyone of you done this before?   I had a coupon for 50% off so it came to $10 for a box.  Apparently each month you get a shipment of 5 different healthy snacks.  I will report back and let you guys know if I like it.  I am always looking for healthy new snacks for Sterling and me.  If you want to try it and get $10 off your first order click HERE

Have a great Monday.

1. January 20, 2014 / 12:32 pm

I know what you mean with restaurant week quality. I went to SNOB last weekend and wasn't impressed. And after drinks and tip I don't think my bill was much cheaper than normal! I love that Equipment dress! I saw it on your instagram and was hoping you would post where it's from.

2. January 20, 2014 / 12:33 pm

I die over Frances Moon. BTW you are looking FABULOUS! xoxo

3. January 20, 2014 / 12:59 pm

My husband and I had a bad experience at 82 Queen as well. The food just wasn't that great. Very disappointing.

4. January 20, 2014 / 1:11 pm

Can't wait to hear about the nature box!

5. January 20, 2014 / 1:51 pm

We had a bad meal at 82 Queen several years ago and never went backโ€ฆsomeone gave us a gift certificate so we didn't pay for it but were so disappointed. Making your healthy balls today! I don't attempt Target anymore now that mine are 1 and 3, but I used to and I highly recommend grabbing a small $1 box of goldfish and Starbucks milk box right at the start! I honestly don't do errands with my 2 anymore because it's so stressful, but Costco is an easy place with 2 bc of big carts and it's loud anyways ๐Ÿ™‚

6. January 20, 2014 / 1:56 pm

The last time we were in Charleston we had a bad dinner and service too at 82 Queen. It's a cute place, especially the back patio, but the food is just so-so. On a sweeter note, Frances is too cute for words in that heart sweater!

7. January 20, 2014 / 2:17 pm

I dont know about 82 Queen, but I had an incredible restaurant week dinner at the Old Village Post House over the weekend. DELISH. I wish I was closer so I could try more out!

8. January 20, 2014 / 2:48 pm

You don't even look like you had a baby! That Equipment dress is so fab! How good does a clean and organizing kitchen feel? You need to post pics! I love finding new organization ideas (super nerd.) Happy Monday and good luck at Target!

9. January 20, 2014 / 2:59 pm

We tried Nature Box for two months and I just cancelled my subscription. The products contained ingredients that are not natural and only a handful of the items are non-GMO. Very disappointing..

10. January 20, 2014 / 3:13 pm

Love that Twine and Twig necklace!

Yesterday was such a great day for the park…crazy to think cold temps are coming back this week!

11. January 20, 2014 / 3:23 pm

Hey Natalie, Sorry if you already answered this elsewhere, but where is your grey work out top from (in the pic of you and Sterling at the beach)? So cute. You look SO awesome 2 months postpartum!
    Xx,Letra

12. January 20, 2014 / 3:27 pm

That stinks about the food being bad. You need to come to Charlotte for restaurant week, I've never had a bad meal! We are trying a new place tonight! And that little Frances is adorable I tell ya!

13. January 20, 2014 / 3:46 pm

We had a delicious meal at MUSE, BUT HORRIBLE service last week.
    I know the Nixons! They are the best!

14. January 20, 2014 / 3:47 pm

We had a delicious meal at MUSE, BUT HORRIBLE service last week.
    I know the Nixons! They are the best!

15. January 20, 2014 / 3:53 pm

Such a bummer that your dinner at 82 Queen wasn't good! Especially since it's a more upscale restaurant.

16. January 20, 2014 / 3:58 pm

I'm over Restaurant Week too. But I hate to hear 82 Queen was disappointing… it's one of my favorites!! It has been over a year since I've been there, though. Love the color of that Equipment dress. And thanks for the recipe for the energy balls. Going to try those!

17. January 20, 2014 / 4:17 pm

Still dying to know where your workout jacket is from! And I forgot about energy balls…totally need to make these stat!!

18. January 20, 2014 / 4:28 pm

We decided that this year will be the first one that we forfeit restaurant week. We have NEVER had a good experience, and I don't think it matters what city you are in. The food is sub-par, the service sucks, and they seat you in the worst places ever. Plus, for not THAT much of a price break, it just isn't worth it!

19. January 20, 2014 / 9:39 pm

The last picture in this post of Frances and Sterling is so adorable. I know you are having fun!

20. January 21, 2014 / 12:29 am

Looks like a great weekend! I can't get over how much your kids look alike – both so beautiful! The green dress is gorgeous!

21. January 21, 2014 / 2:26 am

I can't believe Frances Moon is two months old already- she just keeps getting sweeter! You look awesome! Sounds like a great weekend.

22. January 21, 2014 / 4:55 am

Looks like a great weekend…even if the food wasn't all that good on your date night. How is Miss Frances 2 months already??? Time goes by fast, huh?

23. January 21, 2014 / 5:38 pm

Can't believe that Frances Moon is 2 months already!!! Those energy balls are my weekly staple ๐Ÿ˜‰

24. February 10, 2014 / 1:59 am

I know I'm way late on this post… catching up on my blog reading since my 11wk old is just starting to sleep better ๐Ÿ™‚ I made your energy balls… is there something I'm doing wrong? It was more like a big blob. I couldn't get them to stay together as balls. It was completely delish though so I want to get them to stay together. Great little snack!