The New Year always inspires me to revamp my diet and start eating healthier. This year I am even more motivated because I want to lose the last of my baby weight and fit back in all my old clothes!! I made these muffins this week to have for a healthy breakfast and to bring to a friend who just moved in a new house. They are filled with carrots, zucchini, coconut, and apples all super fresh ingredients. You could even sub applesauce for the oil and whole wheat flour for regular if you are trying to be uber healthy. They were super moist and full of flavor! Plus Sterling devoured them and I have a hard time getting him to eat his veggies. I will be making these often!
side note- I am smitten with my new West Elm marble platter my sister gave me for Christmas- they are on major sale HERE.
|| C O C O N U T C A R R O T A N D Z U C H I N I M U F F I N S ||
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gently toss together carrot, zucchini, apple, coconut, almonds and
- orange peel; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and
- salt. Combine eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry
- until moistened (batter will be thick).
- Fold in carrot mixture. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups
- two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool