The Nursery Of My Dreams

Happy Thursday Loves. This week is flying by, Sterling is in vacation Bible School at our church all week which has been so nice. I have been cleaning out and purging. Our little three bedroom house is filled to the brim and we need to make room for baby number two. Speaking of I had a doc appointment yesterday, everyday looked well, fast heartbeat of 145 and technically they could tell us the sex now but alas we have to wait for 5 more weeks for our next big ultrasound. So we continue to play the waiting game.

In meantime I am already dreaming about decorating the nursery.  Truthfully I want a pretty gender neutral nursery no matter what the sex.  I don’t like things too pink and girly or too boy and blue.  I like a modern neutral nursery.  I came across Erin Williamson’s nursery and lets’ just say I am obsessed,  this is exactly what I am dreaming of for my little one.

All pictures via

Freaking gorgeous right??  Erin has a little boy, Luke and he is one lucky dude to have this nursery.  If I had a girl I would make a few tweaks but overall the vibe of her room is what I am going for.  We basically have the same crib (The Oeuf Sparrow) and I have a white dresser that I plan to order some new brass hardware for.  I have a white rocking chair from Sterling’s nursery (and by white I mean it is yellow now- white rocking chairs in a boy’s nursery is never a good idea) that I plan to recover in a similar fabric to the chair above if I can find one that is affordable.  I googled the Togo fabric above but can’t find it anywhere if you know someone that carries it shoot me an email.  I am hoping to enlist my sweet Dad to help me paint, he is the master painter.  He can paint a room perfectly without taping it off and so quickly!

Luckily I don’t really have to buy any new furniture just a few accessories to spruce things up here is what I am hoping to buy accessory wise.

Neutral Nursery

Souk Wool Rug / Serena & Lily Black French Tassel Window Panel / White Moroccan Leather Pouf / Up and Atom Chandelier / Menagerie Bookend Grey Hippo / Baby Zebra Close-Up The Animal Print Shop by Sharon Montrose / Baby Elephant – The Animal Print Shop by Sharon Montrose / Menagerie Bookend White Giraffe

Lastly while browsing for nursery stuff I had to look for my little man too and I found him the cutest Hanna Anderson PJ’s at Serena and Lily.  They are some of my favorite PJ’s yet, I highly recommend them.  And how about the bed head on my little man?  He has the best head of hair that he certainly did not get from me (Thank you Matt for your thick hair).

{Hanna Anderson Fish PJ’s}

1. June 13, 2013 / 11:57 am

I LOVE what you've come up with so far! So chic!!! Have you seen the neutral bedding options at Serena & Lily? I love the tan and white one! It's what I would order if I had another one!

2. June 13, 2013 / 12:00 pm

So gorg! BTW your son is so freaking cute. He melts my heart all day, everyday.

3. June 13, 2013 / 12:06 pm

love love love that nursery. You can totally recreate that and yours picks so far are perfection. I totally agree about not going too crazy with the nursery. Let's face it, there rooms become so full once they're here that less is best. And we want that little dreamboat to sleep, leave the stimulation for the family room! We love those Serena and Lilly jammas too. Have you seen the cuteness line they have for babies? My nephew rocked them at the beach and they were perfection. He was super comfy and looked crazy stylish in onesies!

4. June 13, 2013 / 12:15 pm

Love that nursery. I think those accessories are precious (especially the animal prints)

5. June 13, 2013 / 12:37 pm

looks great, I'm so drawn to black and whites this time around too for our new nursery. Just waiting to see if boy or girl to pick out some prints to add some oomph!

Can't wait to see it come together!

6. June 13, 2013 / 1:07 pm

That nursery is spot on! So chic!
    Sterling just gets cuter by the minute!

7. June 13, 2013 / 1:35 pm

Oh my word, could you son get any cuter?! That nursery is so cute… I can't wait to see how you create yours. xx

8. June 13, 2013 / 2:06 pm

OMG Sterling is seriously adorable! What a heartbreaker. The nursery design looks amazing. Love how it feels gender neutral + so elegant.

Xx,
    Letra

9. June 13, 2013 / 2:25 pm

that gold trunk to TDF!!!

10. June 13, 2013 / 2:25 pm

Beautiful nursery. If we have another baby I want something gender neutral and sleek and modern. How freaking cute is Sterling? He DOES have great hair. Adorable pjs. Heading over to S&L to check them out for my little man. Cant wait to find out what you are having! Little boy or little girl?

11. That is definitely on my list of all time favorite nurseries…girl is a design GENIUS. And I just love those souk rugs, they look like I could just take a nap right there on that fluffy, furry floor (c; And darn those doctors for wanting to be "sure" on the gender…why they gotta make us wait??? (c;

12. June 13, 2013 / 3:28 pm

Such a stunning nursery! And she has the same crib! Love it! Love the pattern on the chair too! I am sure you can find a pattern that's budget friendly to match!

13. June 13, 2013 / 7:55 pm

OH my goodness it's perfect. I love all the metallic touches. And that b&w club chair with the gold base!??! DYING. I love your board you made. Sharon Montrose photographs are perfect for a nursery!! xo

14. June 13, 2013 / 9:31 pm

your son is off the charts adorable!

15. June 13, 2013 / 10:28 pm

This nursery is one of my absolute favorites too!! I love the spotted rocker and all of the neutral tones in the room!! Can't wait to see what you do 🙂

16. June 14, 2013 / 2:19 am

Love that nursery! Costco carries Hanna Anderson pj's too! I bought them by the bazillions for my three!

17. June 14, 2013 / 2:54 pm

approved. make that nursery happen!! erin's is amazing. one of my faves, too. i was planning to repurpose a navy moroccan rug, but am getting the beni bug. i kinda want one, too….decisions decisions.

18. June 16, 2013 / 9:20 pm

Oooh, I love that funky chair!

I also think there is nothing cuter than a kid in tight little jammies like those!

19. June 20, 2013 / 1:15 pm

Gorgeous nursery! I love that chair fabric!