Thoughts For Thursday

You might have noticed my blog got a little makeover.  I have to give Sara at A Dose of Pretty big props.  I am so thrilled with what she did.  You might remember awhile back I blogged about my “Me” page she helped me create.  I loved it so much I knew she would give my blog a fabulous facelift.  I could not be happier with the look.  I wanted a more streamlined and simple look and that is just what she gave me.  Sara was wonderful to work with!! If you need any tweaks big or small on your blog you must email Sara at adoseofprettyblog@gmail.com.

Lately I have become obsessed with finding this Tibi dress from last year.  Is it not the most perfect maternity dress?  I have scoured ebay and online and can’t find it.  Anyone have one they want to sell me or let me borrow??  I have two weddings this Summer it would be perfect for.

If you have not tried these glazed nuts
you must.  It saves so much time from making your own.  My mom bought some
while I was home and we had them on a roasted beet salad it was so
good.  Beware they are addictive though!

I recently devoured the new Vogue.  I really enjoyed the article on Kate Upton. She is so gorgeous and yep she says her boobs are real- lucky girl.

While I was home last weekend I finally bit the bullet and bought some maternity jean shorts.  My regular ones were just getting too snug and uncomfortable.  Is it just me or do maternity stores suck?  I hate them almost as Babies R Us.  I will say Destination Maternity/Pea in a Pod in Charlotte had a great selection of designer shorts and jeans- the only maternity items I like to splurge on.  I tried on every single brand of shorts and chose JBrand.  They are awesome.  I liked them better than the other brands because they had side panels and not the huge thing that goes over your belly.  I might even want to wear these not preggo they are so comfy.

{J BRAND MATERNITY SHORTS}

I wrote about the JCrew sale yesterday and last week I ordered this fab dress (already on sale) that just came in the mail.  I see myself living in this all Summer.  Very accommodating for a belly.  Also comes in white which I love too.  It is a bit sheer, so I would wear a slip underneath.  I am not wearing a slip in picture just to give you an idea of sheerness.

{SHEER COTTON BACK DRESS}

I picture styling it similar to this and rocking it all summer.

How amazing is this hot pink lacquered bar area.  I am swooning.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Weekend.  We are off to Charlotte again to spend time with my parents while Matt has a Bachelor Party at our house- 6 guys in our house.  I am scared of what I will come home to Monday!  I keep telling myself they are grown men not fraternity guys but you just never know with guys!

1. May 23, 2013 / 11:13 am

Sounds like a fun weekend and hopefully you will come home to a super clean house on Monday…one can dream, right?! Love the new blog look!

2. May 23, 2013 / 11:38 am

I had jbramd skinnies for my first pregnancy and wore them everyday, lives the sides and not the belly panel! Good to know about the shorts and that dress is a perfect maternity dress!!

3. May 23, 2013 / 11:42 am

Sara did such a great job on the site! Love the J.Crew dress and the styling inspiration.

4. May 23, 2013 / 11:49 am

Love the new lay out. Love all of your styles, gurl. That Tibi would be perfect for you. Did you try Rent the Runway?

5. May 23, 2013 / 12:06 pm

Love everything on this post! Those shorts look amaze on you, as does the black dress, and umm I hope you get "our" cleaning lady for Monday! Going to miss you this weekend!

6. May 23, 2013 / 12:25 pm

I want that tibi dress too. When I was pregnant with Scarlett I bought hardly any maternity clothes, I went to H&M and bought everything that did not have a waist and squeezed into it. I swear I got so many people asking me where I got that maternity dress. I could not find 1 cute maternity outfit that did not make me look like a huge cow

7. May 23, 2013 / 12:53 pm

I wish I had that Tibi dress myself to let you borrow it! And thanks for the shout out Natalie! Good luck finding that dress!

8. May 23, 2013 / 1:27 pm

You're such a nice wife to be allowing a Bachelor party to go down at your house! I'm sure they will be gentlemen, though. Crossing my fingers for you!

Xx,
    Letra

9. May 23, 2013 / 1:36 pm

I love the black dress with the cognac bag and shoes!

10. May 23, 2013 / 1:43 pm

The new look for your blog is great! Love the colors and who doesn't enjoy a flamingo here and there! Love it!

11. May 23, 2013 / 1:48 pm

love your new blog design…my blog page needs a facelift bad!!! you look so gorg btw! love the styling for your new black dress! enjoy your time with the rents!!!

12. May 23, 2013 / 2:10 pm

Love the new blog look! I might need to pick up that Jcrew dress for post baby. I think you can find that Tibi dress on Rent the Runway.

13. May 23, 2013 / 2:12 pm

I just bought my first pair of maternity pants last night. Oh my, they are sooo much more comfy than trying to fit into my regular pants! Now, shorts are definitely on my list to pick up. I'm loving yours! Definitely does not look like maternity!

14. May 23, 2013 / 2:39 pm

Have a great time with your family this weekend. I am jealous you live so close to them. 🙂 I wish my family was closer. Love that JCrew dress. I may have to treat myself. And I am dying over that hot pink bar.

15. May 23, 2013 / 2:47 pm

I need to check out Jcrew!!

Yes – maternity clothes suck. I splurged on designer jeans and shorts too. You have to!

16. May 23, 2013 / 3:00 pm

You look so great! Also, love your new blog makeover!

17. May 23, 2013 / 3:11 pm

Love the new dress! And good luck with the frat house! I swear we're all grown ups too, but when men get together sans women, I swear they turn back to little boys! 😉

18. May 23, 2013 / 4:38 pm

I always get so frustrated when I fall in love with something and it's from a previous year. Then I become obsessed with tracking it down!

19. May 23, 2013 / 4:56 pm

You will not look prego at all! I was huge with all three kiddos. 😉

20. May 23, 2013 / 6:02 pm

Stop the press!!!!!!! I am dying over the makeover. The flamingos are my favorite part. Sara is on fire!!!!!! Also…um give me everything in the J. Crew look you put together! And stop looking like the cutest pregnant person around. I dream of looking like this when I'm pregnant, but in reality, I'm going to wear muumuu's everyday. Have fun in Charlotte. xo

21. May 23, 2013 / 6:39 pm

I looooove the new look! 🙂

22. May 24, 2013 / 12:26 am

You've got to find that dress! I remember you posting it last year and I could never find it. Ill keep on the lookout for you.
    Have a great weekend!

23. May 26, 2013 / 8:59 pm

World's Best Current Affairs Website which you Get Any thing you want, Most Popular Pictures, Loll Pictures, Funny Pictures, Funny Videos, Current Affairs Videos, Entertainment News and Videos, Entertainment Pictures, Hot Girls Affairs and all hot Current Affairs in the World
    HotCurrentAffairs.com