Hiding the Bump Fashions + My Grandfather

First I want to thank each and everyone of you for the kind emails and responses to my big announcement Thursday.  They all brought a smile to my face.  I feel so blessed to have so many encourages and supporters in our corner.  We thank God everyday for this miracle of life that he has given us and pray for a safe and healthy pregnancy.

Alot of you asked how I kept the bump hidden for so long.  Truth is a few things.  I was so sick in the beginning and could hardly eat so it took awhile to show.  Around 10.5-11 weeks I really popped.   I have yet to buy or wear any maternity clothes but I do have a few favorite non-maternity dresses that are perfect for hiding your little bump.  For those of you not pregnant these are great for days you just eat or drink too much too and don’t we all have some of those days!  Here is what I have been living in!

:: A S O S  T I E  D Y E  D R E S S ::

This dress rocks pregnant or not.  It is so comfortable and I love the colors, plus you can’t beat ASOS pricing!  For those of you curious it runs true to size, I ordered a size 4.

:: J C R E W  T U N I C  D R E S S  W I T H  M A R L E D T R I M ::

This dress is so comfortable and easy to wear just tossed on with a pair of flip flops.  I liked my white one so much I ordered the Navy too.  Right now thru the 21st you can get 20% off all womens apparel orders with code LOOK20

:: V E L V E T  G Y P S Y  D R E S S ::

I bought this dress long before I was pregnant with Sterling and then after I had him I liked it so much I bought it in another color. I own it in navy and grey and it is such a versatile maxi dress.  You can dress it up or down and it is strecthy so super bump friendly!

:: T A R G E T   C H A M B R AY  S K I R T::

I just picked this skirt up last week and I have been living in it.   Such a cute skirt for Summer. I paired it with a Liz Lange Maternity tank and ladies I swear by these tanks pregnant or not.  They fit so well and are longer which I love because I am tall.

:: T I B I  K A L E D I S C O P E   D R E S S ::

This dress was an investment even on sale- my last big purchase pre-budget but worth it.  I adore Tibi and still love their pieces years later.  This dress is no exception.  I get compliments every time I wear it.  I know it is something I wear will years from now and the fact that I can wear it pregnant is an added  bonus.  It runs on the large size so order down a size if you are considering.  I got a 2 and seriously think I might could have even fit in a 0 but wanted a little extra room for the bump.

On another note, thank you for all the prayers for my grandfather, he passed away Tuesday and we had his funeral Saturday and just celebrated his life.  We will all miss him like crazy but know without a doubt he is reunited my grandmother in heaven.  He was such an incredible grandfather and man.  He served in the army and at his graveside they did a military tribute and presented our family with an American flag,  that was just so special.  It was one of the most amazing things I have witnessed, it made me so proud of my grandfather and to be an American.   I just wanted to share a few pictures of him in memory of his life.

Have a great Monday!

1. May 20, 2013 / 12:05 pm

as always you look adorable!!

It is always sad when anyone dies, but I can tell you grandfather had a long life full of love so I hope that makes it a little better

2. May 20, 2013 / 12:28 pm

So sorry to hear about your grandfather- it's always hard to lose a family member! Love your hiding the bump picks. I think I might pick up that ASOS tie dye for post baby this summer

3. May 20, 2013 / 12:41 pm

Love every pick!!! Im eyeing that target skirt & ASOS dress for post baby this summer! 4 wks left for me! Beautiful memorial to your Grandfather! Thanks for sharing!!!

4. May 20, 2013 / 12:41 pm

I have that Tibi dress and had to go down 2 sizes, so crazy! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Thinking of you guys. xxoo

5. May 20, 2013 / 1:39 pm

You have the best blog!! Seriously, you are a doll, a champion, and a superstar 🙂

6. May 20, 2013 / 1:49 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Such a handsome man!

I love those dresses. You look great, as usual!

7. May 20, 2013 / 2:37 pm

Natalie, what a beautiful tribute to your grandfather. I'm certain he's looking down happily on you and feels proud. xoxo

8. May 20, 2013 / 2:39 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. He was such a handsome man! On the upside, you wear pregnant very well! 🙂

9. May 20, 2013 / 2:45 pm

I bet you're having a girl this time!! I wasn't sick with Henry but sick as a dog with Keira. Unlike you, the only way I felt OK was if I ate like I had a hangover. 🙂

You are so tiny!!! You are going to be the prettiest pregnant mommy ever.

10. May 20, 2013 / 2:54 pm

You looks fabulous momma! I hope you are feeling better too.
    It is always hard to lose someone you love, but it looks like your grandpa had full life filled with love and family. And in the end that's all that really matters.

11. May 20, 2013 / 3:27 pm

This will be SO fun to watch how you dress as you grow! You are going to rock this pregnancy! And I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. He looked like a sweet guy. xo

12. May 20, 2013 / 4:22 pm

That asos and tibi dress are SO cute! No doubt you'll have adorable maternity style too.

13. May 20, 2013 / 4:41 pm

So sorry about your grandfather..loved your sweet tribute to him.

14. May 20, 2013 / 5:04 pm

what a beautiful tribute to your grandfather. you look adorable pregnant!

15. May 20, 2013 / 5:16 pm

What a great post! I especially loved the pics of your sweet grandfather–you could absolutely see the kindness in his eyes. Miss you!

16. May 20, 2013 / 6:07 pm

You are going to rock the hell out of that belly 🙂 That was really sweet about your grandfather, I can just at him and tell he had a kind heart!

17. May 20, 2013 / 6:09 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful tribute. I got that Tibi dress as well, and hoping to get tons of use out of it.

18. May 20, 2013 / 6:24 pm

Sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing. Love the pictures of him though, and just by looking, it looks like his family brought him lots of joy!

19. May 20, 2013 / 7:35 pm

Sorry about your loss! I pray God gives you and your family strength during this time!

20. Girl, you know I'm soaking up all the bump advice! Gah, I'm so at that "too big for regular clothes, but still not in the maternity" stage…plus, I pretty much *loathe* maternity clothes! I would much rather buy some bump friendly stuff that I'll be able to sport after (not that I will be able to even look at it for months (c;).

21. May 20, 2013 / 9:45 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. What a blessed life he lived and beautiful memories you all will have to treasure.

Congratulations on the pregnancy!God is truly great and has it all under control. So admire how faithful you remained through the struggle, even when it was hard.

🙂

22. May 20, 2013 / 10:30 pm

Just had to scroll down and catch up on your amazing news! 🙂 So exciting! Congrats to you and the whole family, you look amazing by the way! My number two is due this July. Hooray for 2013! 🙂

23. May 21, 2013 / 1:37 am

I'm so so sorry about your grandfather Natalie, but I'm sure he's happy that you guys celebrated his life, that's the way to do it I think.

24. May 21, 2013 / 1:46 am

You look so adorable. I am also so sorry to hear about your grandpa. My thoughts are with your family, chica. xoxo

25. May 21, 2013 / 1:48 am

What a nice tribute to your grandfather, Natalie. I know he is smiling down on your and your expanding family. My granddaddy was named Alvin, too. 🙂

26. May 21, 2013 / 8:08 pm

I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandfather. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family!

27. May 21, 2013 / 10:02 pm

I LOVE the Liz Lange maternity tanks too! I bought a couple while pregnant last year and still wear then constantly….I'm tall so they are the perfect length and they wash and wear wonderfully!