If you need a quick and easy app to toss together then this is it. My sister and her husband turned me onto this and it is now one of our favorite apps. It tastes better the longer it sits. You will be surprised how much flavor this simple dip is packed with. The mustard, onion, and garlic really pair together perfect with the butter beans. My sister recommends going ahead and spooning the bean mixture on the sliced baguette in order to let the flavors soak in the bread. We did it that way the second time and I think preferred it better. I was eating this by the spoonful no baguette it was that tasty. Enjoy!
:: B U T T E R B E A N D I P ::
– 1 can drained butter beans
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 3 tablespoons chopped onion
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or chives
– 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (1 clove)
– 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– salt and pepper to taste
– baguette sliced
Mix all ingredients together. This is best when it sits about an hour and at room temperature. It can be made ahead and refrigerated but pull out and let it come to room temperature before serving.