Scenes From Our Weekend

We had a fantastic weekend.  It was jam packed with good food, drinks, and fun!

I finally picked up my Cane Back Chair from the Upholster and I am thrilled with the results.  I ended up going with Navy Velvet and brass nailheads.  Very traditional, I feel like I can jazz it up with a fun pillow.

I think I am going to order one of these Kelly Wearstler pillows for the back of the chair.  Which pattern do ya’ll vote for Bengal Bazaar or Confetti?

Friday Night we were lucky enough to score tickets to one of the Food and Wine Festival Events at the Old JailHouse.  It was super fun minus the fact that it was unseasonably cold this weekend!  We were freezing our butts off outside,  but the delicious drinks helped to warm us up.

Chassity and I of course could not pass up a photo op with Captain Jack Sparrow.  He was pretty talented with the eyeliner.

The drinks at the party were so innovative and tasty.  They featured Rum and Tequila, of course the Tequila ones were my favorite!

Saturday we played some ball with our little man, he is pretty darn good with a baseball.  and yes it was like 40 degrees outside but he insisted on no jacket- so hard headed sometimes.

I had a fun girls dinner out at Cypress Saturday night and don’t judge but I wore the same dress I wore Friday night.  I switched out the jewelry and it was totally different people I was hanging with so I figured what the heck!  Please tell me some of you are repeat offenders too with your outfits!

The dress is the BB Dakota Noland Dress that I got from Social Dress Shop, it is sold out there but I found it online HERE.  It is such a great dress, I obviously love it since I wore it two days in a row!  It is a great price too!

{ BB Dakota Noland Dress}

I became addicted to mini Oreos this weekend.  Sterling and I polished off a bag in 24 hours.  These things are so good!  I won’t be buying them again anytime soon after I ate so many of them!  I have no self control around these tasty treats.

My painting from Jenny arrived and I am so smitten.  I can’t wait to get her framed and hang her in our house!

Love this quote, Happy Monday!

1. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 12:55 pm

Confetti all the way! Love that red dress! It's a great color on you!!!

2. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 12:57 pm

You look amazing. Your chair is amazing. Go with the confetti for the pillow!

3. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 1:09 pm

First of all, that chair looks amazing. I think you will never regret going with something classic and simple for the upholstery. And pillows on etsy are such an easy option for changing it up. Glad y'all had such a fun weekend!

4. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 1:28 pm

Love the red dress and I love you wore it twice. When it's a good outfit you just have to! Happy Monday

5. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 2:02 pm

I say confetti all the way!! Love that red dress, I totally would have worn it two nights in a row I do that with outfits I love all the time.

6. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 2:14 pm

The chair is amazing! Great choice. That dress is gorgeous on you!! You always look amazing. I am in love with the gold necklace in the first pic…where is it from??

7. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 3:05 pm

Love your red dress! And yes I am a repeat offender. I totally make outfits look different with different jewelry. Looks like fun Friday night! We went out to dinner Friday night and I thought of you. The restaurant we went to had a huge selection of tequila. I mean pages and pages! I thought you would love it!
    Love love love that quote! So true. I splurged on a dress yesterday and I felt really bad about it. But then I told myself it would last forever and snapped out of it! 😉

8. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 3:17 pm

The chair looks great! Did you get time to have a martini in it yet?

I like the Bangal Bazaar pillow on the chair, but it really all depends on how it works with the rest of the room, so you'll know best.

I wouldn't think twice about wearing the dress twice if you love it so much and it fits well, especially if the people are different.

9. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 3:26 pm

Love your leather jacket! And what everyone said–you look amazing in red (well, and pretty much everything you wear, lol 🙂

I totally repeat my favorite outfits…even my husband makes fun of me for it!

10. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 3:37 pm

OMG those oreos! I'm dying. Looks like an amazing weekend!

11. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 4:04 pm

Love the pillows!! I thin I'd go with the Bazaar! So cute.

Love your dress too!!

Xo-L

brunchwithlaura.blogspot.com

12. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 5:37 pm

Pretty lady! That chair turned out so stylish. Love.

13. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 6:35 pm

love your dress! and I say go for the bengal bazaar or another I would try for fun is a mongolian lamb pillow to add some more texture.

14. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 7:55 pm

Just got two bengal bazaar pillows for myself and LOVE them!!

15. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 8:53 pm

What a fun weekend! And I am a definite repeat offender! haha. Couldn't agree more—love it with the black tights. I think your chair turned out great! Love the bazaar pillow for it–but both are great options.

16. Avatar March 4, 2013 / 11:33 pm

Best quote ever!!

Of course I am a repeat offender!!

17. Avatar March 5, 2013 / 1:48 am

I am DEFINITELY a repeat offender with my outfits. Sometimes it's just easier and with some different accessories it becomes a whole new look! Love your blog 🙂

xo
    Vanessa
    hwintraining.blogspot.com

18. Avatar March 5, 2013 / 5:06 am

You chair is amazing! I like the confetti pillow!

19. Avatar March 5, 2013 / 12:57 pm

The chair is simply…amazing! I would go with the confetti print pillow, because it can easily transition to another piece of furniture if you ever wanted to switch things up. Looks really pretty against the rich navy. Your new art piece is sensational. Keep us posted where it goes. : )