Remember that Toby Keith song, “I Wanna Talk About Me?” Well that is precisely what we are going to do today. I have been inspired by Chassity, Liz, and Alex’s posts revealing things about themselves. It is always fun to learn more about someone. I love honest posts like that. In honor of my Birthday being Sunday I thought it would be fun to share some stuff about myself. So here are 25 things you may or may not know about me!
1. I was 30 lbs heavier in College. When I delivered Sterling I basically weighed what I did while I was in college. Can’t believe I am showing this but here is a pic. I was a big girl and look how skinny and baby faced Matt was. I ate and drank all the time. Please laugh, I know how fat my face looks and I really should have re-thought the strapless dress. But you know what I had fun and I wouldn’t change a thing- except you better believe I won’t ever weigh that again!
2. I only applied to two colleges, North Carolina State and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I always wanted to be a Tarheel and go to Carolina (the real Carolina). I actually got deferred from Carolina first round and was all set up to go to State and room with my best friend. I got in Carolina in May and promptly ditched my plans at NC State and never looked back. I wish Sterling would go there but boy needs to get a scholarship since we are now out of state!
3. When I was about 14 I started collecting Absolute Vodka ads, I collected so many I made a border around my bedroom. My parents were so good about letting me hang what I wanted to in my bedroom. Those ads used to be so cool. I wish I had saved them all now.
4. I am terrified of flying. I hate it but I will do it. It makes me break out in a sweat even thinking about getting in a plane. I hate that feeling when the door closes and locks and you know you are stuck on there. I have issues.
5. I have major anxiety about alot of things but I won’t ever take medicine for it. I don’t even like to take tylenol for a headache
6. My wedding dress was basically the first dress I tried on. I knew exactly what I wanted. My mom made me shop around to make sure, but I knew. 5 years later, I still am happy with my choice.
8. Matt and I met our freshman year of College. He was in town in Chapel Hill visiting a friend and we met at a fraternity party. We shared a kiss and that was it. He left the next day to go to back Wilmington. I didn’t see or talk to him til 4 years later, but I talked about him all the time. He ended up transferring to Chapel Hill. We ran into each other again and that was it, together forever.
9. We dated 6 years before we got engaged. We have been together 12 years now.
10. I am the oldest of three kids. My sister is 2 years younger than me and my brother is 5 years younger than me. My whole family lives in Charlotte, I am the only one in Charleston and I miss them like crazy.
11. I only drink 1/2 a cup coffee each morning. Too much caffeine makes me shaky and anxious. Then for the rest of the day all I drink is water or unsweet green tea (and wine most nights). I don’t drink any sweetened drinks.
12. I am the least athletic person in my family. I am not good at any sports. I was a cheerleader in Junior High, but lets be real I never did back flips or cartwheels or anything, I was always the base of the pyramids. This picture is up at my sweet grandfathers house- and yep that is my real hair color.
13. We had a blow up doll at my Bachelorette Party (Peter Pecker). This picture was cropped out for obvious reasons:) I had to carry him around all night and the funny thing was his face was actually a photograph of a real persons face plastered on the doll. He was one well traveled doll. He went to all my friends bachelorette parties from Las Vegas to Miami. Can you imagine if the airplane officials found him in one of our suitcases? Peter was the hit of the weekend.
14. My favorite band is Mumford and Sons. That CD is usually on in my car.
15. I am an online shopping freak. I love getting packages delivered to my house. I return 70% of what I order but it is nice to try on in your own house.
16. I am a morning person. I like to go to bed early and get up early. I am usually in bed by 9 most nights and up around 6- 6:30.
17. My all time favorite song is the Gambler by Kenny Rogers.
18. My celebrity crush is Adam Levine. Normally I am not a fan of tattoos but on him me likey. He is so sexy.
19. Before I had Sterling I was an Architectural Rep for 7 years. I would meet with architects and designers repping a few lines of countertops and hardware. Sometimes I wish I had gone to design school.
20. I hit up TjMaxx and Marshalls once a week. You have to go often to find good stuff. I love digging thru and trying to find a bargain
21. I love to collect glasses. Especially tiny ones. I love drinking out of small vintage glasses. These tiny purple glasses are some of my favorite.
22. I am not outdoorsy or adventurous at all. I have never been camping or hiking, and really I don’t care too. Matt had to talk me into Snorkling on our honeymoon, even that scared me.
23. When we went to NYC a few years ago I made my family eat at Bobby Flay’s restaurant, Bar Amercain because I was so obsessed with him. Would you believe he actually stopped in that night? I could not believe my luck, I quickly went up to stalk him and sweet Matt grabbed my camera to get our picture. Random but he was way shorter in person than I thought he would be. But it was the highlight of my trip!
24. Meat weirds me out. I could almost be a vegetarian. I love hamburgers but don’t like steak. I also hate pork tenderloin and most chicken. I think it is thick meat that grosses me out. I do love all fish and shellfish and bacon!
25. I have only been out of the country once (unless you count the Virgin Islands). I went to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland with my family when I was 21. It was neat to see a foreign country and wow was it gorgeous over there, but I much prefer travels in the USA. I had a panic attack about the 8 hour plane ride home and seriously didn’t think I would make it. A lady had to coach me on breathing exercises. I survived but may stick to shorter flights from now on.
There you have it a few random facts about me. Now I am off to celebrate my birthday. I have a fun morning DT planned with my girl Caycee and then wine with a good friend tomorrow and alot of quality time with my boys. I thankful because 32 was a good year, here’s to hoping 33 is even better.