As Thanksgiving approaches (holy crap where did this year go?) I want to take a minute to thank God for all the Blessings in my life. Alot of times around the Holidays we get wrapped up thinking about what we are going eat or drink, how we are going to decorate our houses, and all the things we need to create this beautiful image in our heads. Yes, Thanksgiving is about good food (and even better drinks) but it is also about appreciating the things we have in our lives and spending time with loved ones.
So here is my thankful list:
-Sterling. Any parents knows that a child is the greatest blessing you can ever be given. Sterling is the light of life. He brings more joy and love to my life than I ever thought possible.
– My family. I thank God everyday for Matt, my parents that are still in good health, and my brother and sister. I am beyond lucky to have this family. They are my support system. They are my everything.
– My In-laws and sister-in-law. My in-laws are so good to us and since they moved down to Charleston this year my life has been so much easier. I love having them in town. It is so nice to have family here.
– My friends. I am so lucky to have made a great circle of friends here in Charleston that are near and dear to my heart. When I moved here 5 years ago I knew two people. Crazy how in 5 years the girls that I have met here have become like family to me. I love them all like sisters. They help keep me sane. I of course still love all my Charlotte friends too:)
– Sterling’s friends. I love his friends like I love him. They are the sweetest group around. They hold such a special place in my heart because they bring him so much happiness.
– My blog and all my wonderful readers. This blog is my happy place. It is my place to be creative, to vent, to post pictures of things I am lusting after, and a place to just be real and myself. I love every comment and email I get, they always make my day. Thank you for all your support and for taking the time to read my blog each day.
– Wine, duh that is a no brainer.
-Good Food. Being able to dine out and cook what I want is a true luxury. It is my greatest passion (well beside shopping).
– My house. Yes we are cramped as crap in our little house and I hate most of my furniture but we are lucky to have a roof over our heads. I love this little house because it holds so many special memories for my family.
-On a random note I am also thankful for my first event I am helping to co-host next week. Any locals please stop by and see us. It will be fun- there is free champagne and shopping discounts, enough said! I am so flattered to be helping to host this awesome event.
I have mentioned before how much I love my devotional Jesus Calling. I read it every night and it has provided me with alot of comfort and inspiration this year. I wanted to share this one verse that I think particularly relates to Thanksgiving. I don’t normally do this on here and in no means am trying to be preachy just wanted to share this because it holds very true to me and something I want to remember daily, to be thankful with exactly what I have in this moment.
“Bring me the Sacrifice of Thanksgiving. Take nothing for granted, not even the rising of the sun. When you focus on things you don’t have or situations that displease you your mind also becomes darkened. You take for granted life, salvation, sunshine, flowers and countless other gifts from me. You look for what is wrong and refuse to enjoy life until it is fixed. When you approach me with Thanksgiving the light of my presence pours into you transforming you.”
Happy Thanksgiving sweet friends! I am off to cook my booty off today!