Thoughts For Friday

TGIF my friends.  Can I get a Hallelujah for the long weekend coming up!  My family gets in town today and I could not be more excited!!  We have lots of fun stuff planned for this weekend including lots of work around our house:)

Last night the hubs and I had a fabulous evening out at the Charleston Food and Wine Festival Ticket Launch Event.  I can’t even begin to describe the tasty food and drinks that were there,  trust me we were well fed and boozed up!  It was held at the Charleston Resort and Marina which had some pretty sweet views as well!

I am obsessed with this gorgeous Atelier Versace Dress Kate Hudson wore to the The Reluctant Fudamentalist premeire.  Love the color, design, fit, everything!!   Is it just me or is Kate Hudson so adorable?   Not to sound stalkerish but I feel like we would really hit it off if we met.  I kind of want to be one of her friends.

Yesterday I took my little man downtown to stroll because we had been cooped up inside the past few days from the rain.  We stopped in F21 because I have had a gift card there since my Birthday.  That place is so hit or miss.  Today they actually had some really cute stuff for Fall.  I came home with this gorgeous Blazer.  I had been wanting one for fall and you can’t beat a jacket for $29.95.  It is the perfect shade of pale pink/peach.  Now I just need some cooler weather to come to the Low Country so I can bust this jacket out.

As you all know I am starting on Sterlings Big Boy room this weekend.  My mom bought him his first set of Big Boy Sheets and how cute are they??  They are from Pottery Barn Kids.  I wanted cute sheets that he would be excited to sleep on but nothing too childish.  I like how geometric these are and I feel like he could sleep on them for years and not outgrow them too quick.

Have you tried Hummus Chips?  These chips are so good.  I picked up a bag at TJMaxx- and don’t judge me for buying food there,  Sterling was hungry and all he wanted were the chips so I happily bought them to keep him occupied.  Anyways,  I snuck a few (like half the bag) and they were so darn good.  And they are not bad for you.  Pick some up for reals.  We had the Tomato Basil Flavor.

After watching the Real Housewives of NY I am convinced I need a trip to St. Barths.  That place looks insane- minus the tiny plane you have to fly in to get there, that really scares me. I can’t even handle commercial flights, so not sure how I would manage on that tiny plane.  But I would try if it got me to that  gorgeous paradise!

I am also convinced I have a girl cruch on Carol.  She seems so cool, calm, and collected all the time.  Also really loving me some Sonja this season, she is hillarious.

Happy Friday.  Enjoy the long weekend!

1. August 31, 2012 / 11:27 am

You look beautiful. So glad you and the hubs had a nice evening out. Your son must be so excited about his big boy room! I miss those days! LOVE that quote, a great mantra to live by! xo

2. August 31, 2012 / 11:32 am

OBSESSED with Kate's dress. The entire looks is amazing (hair, makeup)! I about died when Heather ran into the glass door…oh the dangers of being a housewife! 😉

3. August 31, 2012 / 11:35 am

Love your blazer!! I got the same one in black. Needing this one I feel 🙂 are you as disgusted with Luann as I am?? Hated her before. Really hate her now. Carol has her shit together. Happy weekend pretty girl!!

4. August 31, 2012 / 12:06 pm

I always love your randoms! That blazer looks awesome with your outfit. Love it! Love the price too! Sterling's new sheets are too darn cute. Love them! And love Carol. She's my favorite by far. So freaking cool. And that quote is such a great one. Been reminding myself of that a lot lately! Happy Weekend! Charleston trip for fall in the works!!!!

5. August 31, 2012 / 12:26 pm

I saw your pics on IG last night and was instantly jealous of your evening out. Super cute blazer, and what a steal! Have a wonderful weekend!!

6. August 31, 2012 / 12:43 pm

LOVING the blazer. Looks so cute how you have it styled.

7. August 31, 2012 / 12:59 pm

Love your dress you wore and the blazer! Shopping at F21 gives me anxiety. haha

8. August 31, 2012 / 1:14 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE those sheets for Sterling. I sooo want to order them too. Too bad having twins with a SUPER TINY bedroom=toddler beds. Maybe I should get some bunkbeds just so I can buy those sheets-LOL! No, bunkbeds would equal more trips to MUSC ER for falling off beds. I never win 🙂 Happy Labor Day weekend! I am hitting up Trader Joe's today for some Vino…

9. August 31, 2012 / 1:15 pm

Where is that long gold chain necklace from?? Love it and have been looking for something similar / simple that would go with everything! Thanks!

10. August 31, 2012 / 2:09 pm

You look gorgeous as always. Looks like a fabulous night out. I love that blazer. Have a great weekend. xo

11. August 31, 2012 / 2:59 pm

You have GOT to read Carole's book "What Remains" – you will be even more impressed with her after you read it. Such an amazing story about her husband and dealing with his cancer. Super sad at the end (I cried…hard!). I got my copy off amazon for like 2 bucks. Hope yall are doing great! 🙂

12. August 31, 2012 / 3:05 pm

I have a huge girl crush on Kate Hudson…ever since "How to loose a guy in 10 days" she's been one of my favesies (even with some of the terrible movies she's done!) and her fashion is fantastic! Loving the new blazer, too! Bring on FALL!!! Have a great weekend, pretty girl!

13. August 31, 2012 / 3:59 pm

Happy Friday! I think I have a crush on Carol too. I absolutely love her cool attitude towards life. And I have to get her book What Remains. I know that will be a great read. Kate Hudson looked absolutely gorgeous. Love her and that dress, amazing! You look like you had a great time at the Charelston Food and Wine fest. Charleston is one of my fav places to spend time. I get there as often as possible. Since my parents live in SC 45 mins away, it's an easy drive from their home. Anyhoo, enjoy your weekend.

14. August 31, 2012 / 4:27 pm

I always feel ADD on Friday over here {Not because of you, because of me}I want to respond to every little part of this and don't know where to start! So fun seeing photos from last night. Sterling's sheets are precious. I love the blazer and that quote needs to be in my house somewhere. Enjoy the time with your family! Happy weekend.

15. August 31, 2012 / 4:44 pm

love Carol too – she is my favorite RHONY housewife! i cant stand ramona 🙁

16. August 31, 2012 / 5:07 pm

God, I love RHofNY…they are so nutty!! And I totally want to go to St. Barth's too! Yes please! 😉

17. August 31, 2012 / 5:46 pm

My husband and I went to St. Barth's for our honeymoon in 2007 and stayed at the Isle de France. It is an amazing place and island. I was afraid of the plane at first. You fly into St. Martin and you are only on the little plane for about 10 min. Its truly one of the most amazing plane rides, scary yes.. but worth it??YES!!

18. August 31, 2012 / 6:49 pm

A. you are gorge B. I am obsessed obsessed with Carol!! Ummm her body!??!? Insane! She is 100% my favorite houseqife ever. I wonder why she would want to hang out with all those crazies though…And that is a great blazer! Great find. xxoo

19. August 31, 2012 / 6:49 pm

20. August 31, 2012 / 7:19 pm

Love this post! You looked great in your dress! Great find on the blazer and those sheets for Sterling's big boy room are precious! Have so much fun with your family this weekend!

21. August 31, 2012 / 9:11 pm

Didn't you love it when Carol said, "And then I heard two MEN'S voices in the hall. One was Luann's…". Ka-Ching!!! And she didn't even bat an eye during the delivery of that awesome little dig. Lord, I love her.

22. September 1, 2012 / 12:49 am

love that blazer- pink is a good color on you. i always get hungry at your posts about trader joes because memphis doesn't have one and everything looks so good.

23. September 1, 2012 / 4:19 am

Hi Natalie! Love your blog, especially as a girl from SC who is IN LOVE with Charleston! Those sheets for Sterling are sooo precious!

24. September 1, 2012 / 5:54 pm

Could you please share the chain length of your monogram necklace?

25. September 3, 2012 / 5:14 pm

I'm pretty sure I have a girl crush on carol as well, she's pretty awesome!

26. September 4, 2012 / 7:47 pm

I was obsessed with kate in that outfit too – feel like I hadn't seen her looking gorgeous and happy on the red carpet in forever! she's so pretty. and RHONYC is just incredible – carole is by the greatest addition to the cast and my favorite one there. she is hilarious. and could their house in st. barths be any more amazing?!!