Thoughts For Friday

Have you gals heard about the new jeans by 7 for All Mankind called “The Slim Illusion” Skinny jeans.  They are fan freaking tastic.  Please do yourself a favor and order a pair for Fall.  They suck you in, like seriously suck you in and I swear they make you look 5 lbs thinner.  Its likes spanx but jeans!  For all you moms they sit a little higher on the waist,  which I love to suck in my muffin top.

This is how the 7 For All Mankind team describes them “Intense stretch creates a sexy slim silhouette. Exclusive technology provides total shape recovery. Makes you feel at least one size smaller. Tighter construction creates a perfect fit.”

I just got them in the Blackberry (dark purple) color for fall and love them. I love them so much I am seriously considering getting another pair.  I will post some pictures soon but trust me on this one and go ahead and order a pair STAT.  They come in some really fab colors for fall.

{Slim Illusion Ginger}

{Teal Slim Illusion}

{Slim Illusion Blackberry}

{Slim Illusion Fuchsia}

While I was at the beach I read Gone Girl and Where We Belong.  Both were great reads, I highly recommend them.

Next, I just picked up Bringing up Bebe to start reading.  I heard it is super interesting about the differences in how the French discipline and raise their kids compared to the US.  I need all the help I can get, because my little man has turned into quite a handful these days!

How great are these monogrammed hand towels from Etsy?  They are only $22.90 for the pair.  You can do any mix of colors but I am loving the pink and orange.  I think this would be such a cute hostess gift.  Check out the Etsy Shop  HERE.

I am really digging Gwyneth Paltrow’s Boho look at the End of Watch movie premiere this week.  Love the dress, although I might would have preferred her hair straightened.

Our Strawberry Infused Vodka we made for our beach trip was a huge hit.  All we did was quarter a pint of strawberries and then pour a fifth of vodka over it.  Let it sit in a cool dark place for 4 days and then enjoy.  We served ours over ice and it was delicious!  You must make this!

This Ecard cracks me up.  Only because Matt and I joke it about it all the time.  Our recycling bin is usually filled with beer and wine bottles:)

We don’t have too many plans this weekend just a birthday party for Sterling’s friend Harper tomorrow and then drinks with friends after.  I do plan on making my mom’s Seafood Lasagna this weekend.  It is truly amazing, I posted the recipe here awhile back- it is so good!  I am thinking I am going to add Spinach to it this time like this recipe.  I’m drooling thinking about it!

Happy weekend!

1. August 24, 2012 / 12:02 pm

Reading both of those books now! Emily Griffin is my favorite, but I am sucked into Gone Girl. Have a pair of those jeans- wonderful!

2. August 24, 2012 / 12:08 pm

Lovin the "Recommended Reads" – I've enjoyed your selections and it gives me direction for future selections. Thanks!

3. August 24, 2012 / 12:17 pm

hmm I am very interested in those jeans. love the blackberry color

I could not put Gone Girl down

4. August 24, 2012 / 12:22 pm

Happy Weekend, Love. Those jeans looks great, thanks for the writing about them. And Emily Giffon is a fav of mine and I've been wanting to read her latest.

5. August 24, 2012 / 12:25 pm

Wow, great jean find and that blackberry is amazing!! I've seen a lot of deep reds, but deep purple is super unique and completely fresh- good work! You have me hooked on high-waisted as well BTW. This summer, I got highwaisted white matchstick denim from J.Crew and just recently picked up a wine-colored highwaisted Levi's pair of skinny jeans from Urban Outfitters for under $80! They do all kinds of good for the bottom half.
    And how sick does Gwennie look in that dress and sandals- her legs are absurd! But maybe she ran out of time to primp her face or hair 😉
    Cheers to the freakin weekend!!

6. August 24, 2012 / 12:32 pm

How is the length on the pants? I'm a shortie and usually most jeans are super long on me!

7. August 24, 2012 / 12:35 pm

You are totally making me want to order those jeans, I love the ginger color. And I just read Gone Girl too – really enjoyed that one!

8. August 24, 2012 / 12:54 pm

GIRL!!! I am all over those jeans! I am praying when I follow the link they will have them in black! Oh how I need these! Putting both those books on my reads list. And love that quote. Needed to hear that this morning. xoxox

9. August 24, 2012 / 1:10 pm

Gorgeous jeans, I need to try these! Love those towels too, great for a gift. I'm reading Gone Girl right now too. Have a great weekend!

10. August 24, 2012 / 1:43 pm

Haha, that Ecard made me giggle…I must look like a complete lush. LOL. Going to try that strawberry infused vodka – so you could drink it straight? Again, I look like a lush. http://www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

11. August 24, 2012 / 1:44 pm

I have to try those jeans! I believe it was you that recommended the 7 for All Mankind "The Skinny" (it was you, right?) and I LOVE those jeans.

I love those sandals GP is wearing.

Happy weekend!!

12. August 24, 2012 / 1:50 pm

If you enjoyed Gone Girl, you have to check out The Weight of Silence. I posted about it today. It's quite sad in some parts (I've already cried once, teared up twice) but SO good. It's a thriller! That said, it's really made me cherish my family members. Check it out — I blogged about it today too. 🙂 Happy weekend!

13. August 24, 2012 / 2:09 pm

OK i am SO buying those jeans but you NEED to post a pic of your wearing them first !!!!! please??? today???

14. August 24, 2012 / 2:11 pm

Haven't tried those jeans so I will definitely have to check them out…anything that makes you look 5lbs lighter is a PLUS in my book!! Thanks for the book recommendations-just added them to my list! Happy Weekend.

15. August 24, 2012 / 2:37 pm

I've seen the new jeans, but haven't tried any on yet. Love that ginger color. Happy Friday, girl!

16. August 24, 2012 / 3:02 pm

Had so much to say about all of this {especially the darling dress}. . but I got completely hung up on the last image. Think I may need to borrow it for Monday's post which is a pretty significant day over here. Okay with you?

17. August 24, 2012 / 3:02 pm

I'm reading both of those books now! The jeans sound amazing! I've got to track down a pair to try them out. Have a wonderful weekend!

18. August 24, 2012 / 3:24 pm

I'm laughing so hard b/c our recycling bin is the same way!!

I'm totally ordering those jeans.

My friend was raving about that Bringing up Bebe book. I must get it!!

19. August 24, 2012 / 4:51 pm

Gah!! I love those skinnies…seriously need! And I want to read Gone Girl next…patiently waiting for my MIL to pass it along!

20. August 24, 2012 / 4:56 pm

When my daughter was your son's age the best thing I ever did was invest in some Love and Logic books and cd's. These guys are amazing! We still use it with her at almost five and are beginning to use it with our 1 year old son. Good luck – that age is so challenging but fun at the same time.

21. August 24, 2012 / 6:11 pm

Those jeans sound too good to be true! Love the hand towels, too.

22. August 24, 2012 / 10:07 pm

Totally going to get those jeans! I need all the help I can get after baby! Can't wait to try the strawberry infused Vodka. One my fav drinks is a strawberry basil martini so this sounds awesome! Love the ecard, freaking hilarious!

23. August 24, 2012 / 11:01 pm

The jeans look divine, love the colors! And I've been wanting to read that book too!

24. August 24, 2012 / 11:08 pm

LOVE the hand towels! Great find!

25. August 26, 2012 / 10:27 pm

I must check out those jeans! Hope your having a great weekend:)

Andrea

26. August 27, 2012 / 5:08 pm

That E-card is spot on!!! Once the recycle men were late and we had a surprise storm that knocked the bin over so my front yard was littered with wine and beer bottles! :blush:

27. August 29, 2012 / 3:37 pm

I ordered a robe from that easy shop with that exact monogram- Ginny (the shop owner was fantastic to work with). I had it in hand in about 3 days 🙂

28. August 29, 2012 / 10:59 pm

Oh my goodness, I've been obsessing all day about how our recycling bin looks like we went on a major bender last week! Hilair.

29. September 2, 2012 / 12:18 am

Okay you are really going to get me into trouble. The skinnies just came in the mail (I got the tan ones) and I just ordered the chambray shirt from madewell. Don't tell my husband 🙂