Spicy CousCous Kale Wrap

This lunch came about as a way to clean out my fridge before heading out of town this week..  I had a bunch of CousCous and Kale left that I wanted to not go to waste.   This wrap was a tasty little surprise.  It is chocked full of flavor and actually really healthy.

I used Spinach and Tomato CousCous and Spicy Chipotle Hummus but you could really use any hummus or couscous you had on hand.  I must admit this Spicy Chipotle Hummus is amazing.  It has a bite so beware but if you love spicy food it is so good.

These are all the ingredients I used.  I think it would be stellar with any veggies though.

SPICY COUSCOUS KALE WRAP

-CousCous (I used Tomato Spinach flavor)

-Spicy Chipotle Hummus

-Sauteed Kale

-Diced Tomato

-Diced Yellow Bell Pepper

-Sun-dried Tomato Wrap

Chop the Kale, removing all stems.  Sautee in about a tablespoon of olive.  Add in salt and pepper.  After this has cooked a few minutes add in about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and continue sauteeing a few more minutes. While Kale cooks spread hummus on wrap.  Layer on Couscous, tomatoes, bell pepper and kale.  Roll up and enjoy.

1. June 20, 2012 / 11:55 am

Yummy! I am always trying to think of new ways to eat leftover grains and this is a great idea! I love to use it in lettuce wraps, too.

2. June 20, 2012 / 12:43 pm

That looks so healthy and yummy! You can throw together ingredients and cook for me anytime. 🙂

I discovered a spicy tofu soup at a local chinese takeout yesterday and I was in heaven. I wish I had recipe!

3. June 20, 2012 / 2:31 pm

You should seriously write a cook book!

4. June 20, 2012 / 3:30 pm

This looks amazing. I'm totally stealing this. Yum!!!!

5. June 20, 2012 / 3:41 pm

Been reading your blog for about a month as part of my morning daily routine and am addicted!! Great stuff!

What brand of wraps do you use? I've been making your hummus & veggie wrap all the time- why had I never thought of that before? So yummy!

6. June 20, 2012 / 7:44 pm

This looks so good Natalie!! I continue to be so impressed with your ability to come up with such creative meal ideas!!!

7. June 20, 2012 / 8:52 pm

What a healthy meal! Will have to try this sometime! Where do you come up w these recipes? Do you get inspiration from recipe books or do you just come up w them on your own?

pearlsandgreentea.com

8. June 20, 2012 / 8:58 pm

I've become a regular reader and look forward to your blog each morning. Thanks for all the great ideas and recipes!

9. June 20, 2012 / 9:10 pm

You had me at spicy…..Kale is my go to greens. Loving this recipe.