Word To Your Mom

Since it was Mother’s Day I decided to head home and spend some time with my mom and Matt’s mom.  His parents are moving so we worked at an estate sale helping them- I got a few great pieces, pictures to come later.  Matt’s car conveniently broke down so he got a free weekend in Charleston alone.  I however had such a great time with my mom and family, always do.  Wish we lived in the same city.

For mother’s day, we had a big brunch and I brought my mom a bouquet of peonies.  My favorite flowers.

Me, mom , and my sister after brunch.

I made this Egg, Sausage, and Sun-dried Tomato Casserole for Brunch.  It is always a hit, you can find the recipe under my recipes tab.  Make it you will love it.

We watched The Descendants over the weekend.  I had been dying to see it but honestly did not love it.  The story line was a little too weird and sad for me.  I did think George Clooney did a great job acting and looking handsome:)

The day before I left town I found this sweet concrete fish on the side of the road. Sterling and I were on a bike ride when I found it so I quickly went back and got my car and picked this heavy fish up. I mean this thing must weigh 50 lbs. I going to repaint it just can’t decide what color. Any thoughts?

Lastly I leave you this picture of my sweet baby who made my Mother’s Day very special!

1. May 14, 2012 / 12:19 pm

Paint it turquoise me thinks. I am on a major turquoise/teal kick. We just painted our door turquoise. Do it. Or coral!

2. May 14, 2012 / 12:23 pm

Looks like a great weekend! Turquoise sounds like a great color to me. 🙂

3. May 14, 2012 / 12:26 pm

I bet it would look awesome painted gold or brass!! Looks like a great Mother Day weekend!! I will for sure have to try that dish for brunch! xoxo

4. May 14, 2012 / 12:52 pm

I think the fish would be great spray painted Rustoleum's 'Saftey Red' Spray Enamel at Home Depot. Jenny from Little Green Notebook used it on her console table here: http://littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com/2009/10/office.html.
    Or if it seems like you don't have a lot of red in your home, try and dark navy spray paint and put the fish on your deck or back porch! 🙂 (just be sure to use a poly on top of the spray paint to protect from weather/wear). XOXO

5. May 14, 2012 / 1:36 pm

Those flowers are gorgeous. I would spray the fish blue or orange. Those are just the two colors I cant seem to get away from right now!

6. May 14, 2012 / 1:53 pm

Your little one is so adorable- I really can't stand it!! You and your mom and sister look lovely. Happy Mother's Day dear!

7. May 14, 2012 / 2:02 pm

Can't wait to see the finds from the estate sale! I love your necklace! Where did you get it?

8. May 14, 2012 / 2:57 pm

The peonies are gorgeous…and so are you!! Glad you had a great weekend!

9. May 14, 2012 / 3:47 pm

You lucky girl!! That fish has me speechless. Since I have an addiction, I would go with gold.

Xx. Patience

10. May 14, 2012 / 6:36 pm

I say paint it a fun bright color! You, your sister and mom all look a like! Sterling is so adorable!

11. May 14, 2012 / 6:53 pm

I am obsessed with Estate sales! You can really find some amazing treasures. Your fish is very cool. I would paint him either deep orange, coral or white. Navy could be fun, too. Your son is just too adorable!

12. May 14, 2012 / 7:10 pm

I have made your egg dish before, it is yummy!! I love that fish, maybe a really high gloss white would look pretty…I know you will do something fabulous with it

13. May 14, 2012 / 10:12 pm

Peonies are seriously just the best flowers ever! Need to get my hands on some soon!

14. May 15, 2012 / 1:43 am

Looks like you had the most wonderful Mother's Day!!! Your little man is the cutest!

15. May 15, 2012 / 11:42 am

The flowers are gorgeous! Looks like you had a beautiful weekend

xx

jen

16. May 15, 2012 / 11:23 pm

So much gorgeousness in this post! I love it all! That pink J.Crew is now going on my wishlist! xo

17. May 16, 2012 / 5:16 pm

Hi Natalie!

I love the necklace and cream top you are wearing, could you share where you got them?

Thanks!