Tomato, Corn, and Avocado Salad

For those of you who follow me on Instagram you probably already saw the picture of this delish salad.   It is quite possibly the perfect summer salad.  Ooozing with all the fresh flavors of summer- crispy corn, juicy heirloom tomatoes, creamy avocado and sweet basil.    This might just become my go-to summer salad.    Nothing has to be pre-cooked and it was so easy to whip together!  We served ours with crab cakes and it was in my humble opinion an amazing meal!  It would also pair great with chicken, shrimp, fish, or anything your heart desires.  Make this light and tasty salad, I promise you will love it!

Tomato Corn and Avocado Salad – adapted from Martha Stewart

Ingredients

3 ears corn (husk and silk removed; tip cut off)

2 pints cherry, grape, or pear tomatoes, halved (or quartered if large)

1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced

3 scallions, thinly sliced

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (one lime juiced)

1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower (I used Olive Oil)

Fresh julienned Basil

Coarse salt and ground pepper

Directions

1.Stand ear in a large wide bowl; with a sharp knife, carefully slice downward to release the kernels. Discard cob. Add tomatoes, avocado, scallions, lime juice,  basil, and oil to bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to combine

1. May 30, 2012 / 11:49 am

this looks yummy! I might try this with chicken tonight. I'm not so sure I'm ready to tackle crab cakes yet. Too advanced for my skills!

2. May 30, 2012 / 1:06 pm

I do a corn salad with red and green pepper, cilantro, lime and white beans. It's so good and easy too!

3. May 30, 2012 / 1:12 pm

This is one of my go-to summer sides! SO good and so easy to make!

4. May 30, 2012 / 3:34 pm

This looks SO refreshing and SO good.

5. May 30, 2012 / 3:49 pm

I make a rendition of this and it's delish! YUM!

6. May 30, 2012 / 4:22 pm

My mouth is watering. Can't wait to try this!!

Xx. Patience

7. May 30, 2012 / 5:57 pm

Mmmm this looks delicious!
    I am definitely going to make this one tonight 🙂

xx
    when-the-dog-bites.blogspot.ca

8. May 30, 2012 / 11:32 pm

Girl! I am NOT even going to look at this recipe b/c I have had your tomato, bacon, avocado, and goat cheese sandwich every day since you blogged about it! That darn thing is soo freakin' good!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you 🙂 Hubby had it for dinner tonight and he loved it too!

9. May 31, 2012 / 11:22 pm

This is a salad to LOVE.

10. November 22, 2012 / 6:09 am

Ladies softshell jackets made up of high-quality classic leather give your look and your personality catier jewellery a gleaming image. Handbags have the power to influence and shape your personality discount rolex watches therefore you need to be cautious in which size and shape you select popular christmas gifts
    online. In general leather handbags will suit the city or out on the town and they can look distinguished, omega speedmaster watches exceptional and royal at the same time. The fashion industry of these days sees ladies louis vuitton monogram canvas as one of the chief accessories.

11. November 22, 2012 / 6:10 am