The Look For Less x 2

I am pretty sure you have all seen this Tibi Maxi Skirt all over Pinterest and the blogasphere lately. I love it, really do but $495 for a skirt is ridiculously expensive. There is no way I am going to pay that.
TIBI ARIZONA PLEATED SKIRT, $495

I came across this skirt from Anthropolgie. The pattern is different, and yeah I probably like the Tibi pattern better, but this skirt is a 1/3 the price of the Tibi skirt and the style is pretty much exactly the same. I actually really like the color blocking on the Anthro skirt.
FIELD OF VISION SKIRT, $148

Another item I have been stalking is the Celine Colorblock Tote. Sadly, at $2000+ that purse will never be mine!

I found this super cute similar version at Old Navy. I know I am shocked too, but Old Navy has been killing it this year with their line! First the sailboat blouse and now these totes. This purse is truly a fraction of the cost of the Celine Tote. It was orginally $29 but it is one sale right now for $17.80. Heck I would almost buy two for that price. They are faux leather so I think they would be adorable beach totes because they would be easy to clean!
OLD NAVY COLORBLOCK TOTE, $17.80

1. March 15, 2012 / 11:57 am

I bought the Tibi Arizona skirt but wound up returning it even with the slight discount that I was given at Tibi online. The price was too much. LOVE the colorblock version from Anthro though! May have to look into that.

2. March 15, 2012 / 12:18 pm

The Tibi skirt is very pretty. But I am with you. There is no way I would pay full price for it. Maybe it will go on sale in a month or so? I really like that first Old navy bag! So cute!!

3. March 15, 2012 / 12:36 pm

Old Navy also had a great maxi dress that had pleating all the way down it. It's not online but i saw it in the Mt P Store this weekend. I wanna say $40 or so… I am LOVING what they are producing this year.

4. March 15, 2012 / 12:43 pm

I like the Anthro version better too but I could never get away with wearing a long pleated skirt. I may need to run in to Old Navy – those bags are great – add a beach towel and it would make a great Mother's Day gift for a friend!

5. March 15, 2012 / 1:28 pm

I love this Tibi pattern, too, but no way am I paying the price for it. I do like the Anthro one. I've got to make a trip to Old Navy, I've seen lots of cute things from there lately. I saw some totes at Asos a while back that were similar to these.

6. March 15, 2012 / 2:10 pm

I am loving the alternatives you found! Both are equally chic and beautiful! Great job, Natalie. 🙂

7. March 15, 2012 / 2:10 pm

That Old Navy bag is so similar, great find. And agree, that skirt is just too much. And too memorable, I mean you could only really wear it so often…

8. March 15, 2012 / 3:02 pm

Love the alternatives you found!

9. March 15, 2012 / 3:19 pm

Great look for less! I like the Celine bag but I think I would be over it quickly so I would get the Old Navy bag.

10. March 15, 2012 / 3:55 pm

great steal finds!!!! I agree that $500 is way too much for a skirt, even though it is pretty damn gorgeous!

itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

11. March 15, 2012 / 7:15 pm

I am always shopping the look for less! I saw that skirt at Anthro and thought of you. I'm glad you saw it too. 🙂

12. March 15, 2012 / 8:01 pm

I agree, I do the the Tibi but not for $500. You are so right about old navy too!!

13. March 15, 2012 / 8:06 pm

great finds! I am really liking the Anthro skirt!

14. March 16, 2012 / 2:55 am

I saw that skirt at Anthro and as much as I was tempted to get it, I didn't try it on, I thought that spending more than $100 for a skirt I won't wear for the next 6 months was not that smart (wearing that in the island would be like wearing a prom dress to the playground! 😉

15. March 16, 2012 / 8:57 pm

I'm hoping that it will go on sale, but I doubt it…it's just too popular!