You Like What You See?

We have a new addition to our house. This little beauty. And guess what I painted her! I know, I know, peeps all over the blogasphere are whipping out paintings and it is nothing new to create your own abstract art, but darn it I am proud of myself and want to share it. You see I repainted this canvas three times to finally achieve a painting that I like. Abstract painting ain’t as easy as it looks. If only I had captured the ones in between (well maybe not they were pretty bad, bad enough that my mom recommended I take it down). 3 coats of white paint and 4 paintings later I love the end result. This was a true labor of love!

Here are a few paintings that inspired my little masterpiece. All of these artists are insanely talented. I could look at their work all day long. Their paintings are beyond gorgeous and I would love to own any one of these pieces (hint to Matt because my Birthday is coming up)!

{Made By Girl}

{De Kooning}

{Kate Long Stevenson}

{Helen Frankenthaler}

{Joesba Eskubi}

{Sally King Benedict}

{Yolanda Sanchez}
So tell me, do you love abstract art as much as I do? I know it is not everyone’s taste but I sure do heart an abstract painting.

1. January 19, 2012 / 1:24 pm

Love, love love your painting! What beautiful colors. I am not just saying this, but you have some serious talent. I like how you styled it, as well. Also, where did you get that little white artichoke on the finial base?! Have been looking for one to go in my kitchen.

2. January 19, 2012 / 1:30 pm

Great job Natalie!!! It looks fantastic. I know what you mean about several hidden paintings layered over the real one. That's my methodnfornsure!

3. January 19, 2012 / 1:46 pm

Um WOW!!! Your painting is beyond amazing!!! I'm in love with the colors and thought this was done by a pro for sure. Lovely job…maybe you have a new calling?? 🙂

4. January 19, 2012 / 1:47 pm

Love it! It seriously looks like it could be in the mix of the paintings you are wanting!

5. January 19, 2012 / 2:33 pm

It's gorgeous! The colors you picked to use could not be more perfect together.

6. January 19, 2012 / 2:46 pm

So impressed with you! Its gorgeous. Abstract art is not easy at all! I've tried… and failed.

7. January 19, 2012 / 2:51 pm

That looks awesome. I definitely want to try one in my future!

8. January 19, 2012 / 3:38 pm

Girl, I *love* it!!! you are so right, it's definitely not as easy as it looks…I remember thinking, oh yeah, I can *totally just bust that out in a hour…20 million disasters later…HA! (c: Yours looks fabulous and I love the colors!

9. January 19, 2012 / 5:11 pm

Love it girl! It looks great 🙂

10. January 19, 2012 / 5:40 pm

Amazing job!!! I love the colors and it looks great! Maybe a new hobby to add?!

11. January 19, 2012 / 6:11 pm

Yours is awesome!! Looks so professional. I'm stuck at home today due to snow and ice and was hoping to find a canvas laying around so I could paint, but I've yet to find one yet!

12. January 19, 2012 / 6:27 pm

Love it!!! All your hard work paid off!!!! And yes, I too am a fan of the abstract!!

13. January 20, 2012 / 12:20 am

i've been playing around with painting one too and still haven't quite gotten the right mix of colors… yours looks great and I love the palate/ feel of the brush strokes. great job!!

14. January 22, 2012 / 6:50 pm

This looks great!! Great job!!

15. January 23, 2012 / 2:13 pm

Very impressive- I have to say it is not as easy as it looks- i would consider myself an artistic person and have yet to create one of these I would dare put my name on!!