Thoughts For Friday

A little over a week til Christmas! Yikes. I feel like I have so much left to do. I will say I work best under pressure though and this week is crunch time.

I finally got our Christmas cards addressed and mailed. I went with the solo picture of Sterling trying to open the door, it was too cute not to use! I am very old fashioned and traditional when comes to cards. I like the kind where you attach the picture yourself and hand write a message. Time consuming yes, but I love a gorgeous Christmas card. This year our cards came from Crane and Co and the photo was taken by the fabulously talented Julia Ryan.

Around this time of the year when I am Christmas Shopping, I start to get a little selfish. As I am buying gifts for others I start to look for things for myself. This quote really put things in perspective for me and helps me to realize I have more than enough! That’s not to say I still don’t browse for myself- I just try not to buy!

Sterling’s school had a holiday fundraiser this week. They had a bunch of different companies come and set up booths with proceeds going to his day school. I picked up this Stella and Dot Serpent Bracelet. I absolutely love it. I thought it would be a piece I could wear daily. and I am not going to lie the fact that Kelly Ripa has one and wears it all the time made me want it even more!

Sterling and I baked a batch of these Christmas Tree Sugar cookies this week, how cute are they? Although I have to say mine did not look nearly as cute as Martha Stewart’s- how does that woman do everything perfectly?? I will say by accident I bought regular M&M’s instead of minis so that was part of the problem-lesson learned.

Have y’all seen this Tory Burch Blanket? I want it so bad!

Have a wonderful and festive weekend Loves!

1. December 16, 2011 / 12:41 pm

I think we might be separated at birth…I have the serpent bracelet too (got it about 2 months ago) and I wear it almost every day. It's so nice and light. I hope you enjoy it and I adore the Christmas card!

2. December 16, 2011 / 12:53 pm

Love all about this post, but especially that sweet holiday card! So cute. We didn't get cards out this year, oops.

3. December 16, 2011 / 1:05 pm

love that bracelet! and i love the picture of Sterling! he is adorable! Its Christmas crunch time for me to. I have so much to do my head is spinning. And yet here I sit, sipping my coffee, reading blogs. Must get busy!
    Have a great weekend Natalie!

4. December 16, 2011 / 1:29 pm

Your cards are just adorable! Love that poster with the saying. How true! Your bracelet was another score. Thanks for the tip on the TB blanket. It is gorgeous. Oh, and I made the oreo brownies for my daughter's holiday party at school. Yum! Happy weekend.

5. December 16, 2011 / 2:48 pm

What a cute holiday card! I wish my Christmas tree was filled with Tiffany boxes lol. I just sent out my Christmas cards… with no snow here it just hasn't felt like Christmas. xo

6. December 16, 2011 / 3:09 pm

It's my birthday! Party at my blog – cocktail weenies and whiskey sours for all! 😎

7. December 16, 2011 / 3:19 pm

Oh my god – I am dying over that blanket!! and love your Christmas cards!!

8. December 16, 2011 / 3:25 pm

I've had my eye on that TB blanket! Just another TB item I want/love/need!

9. December 16, 2011 / 3:28 pm

The Christmas card is definitely classic and super cute. I've been eyeing that serpent bracelet for a while now..my aunt who is S&D obsessed was just asking me yesterday what I wanted for my birthday..hmmm….

10. December 16, 2011 / 3:43 pm

I love todays post…I too love the cards that you attach the photo and hand write a note but sadly I have gotten way too lazy and now I buy mine completely done from tiny prints. I want the S & D bracelet and TB blanket too. Great picks.

I think you could run circles around Martha!

Have a beautiful weekend my friend!!

11. December 16, 2011 / 4:05 pm

Ooo love the bracelet and the blanket! So pretty! And I am definitely making sugar cookies this weekend!!

12. December 16, 2011 / 4:47 pm

Your cards are too sweet! Now I would love that blanket!

13. December 16, 2011 / 5:29 pm

That blanket is totally your style!

Love love love your cards. Perfect photo choice!

14. December 16, 2011 / 11:44 pm

Aww, your little man on the holiday card is soooooooooooo precious!!!

15. December 17, 2011 / 1:47 am

Love your card— Sterling looks adorbs as usual! And LOVE LOVE LOVE the bracelet. I bought the renegade (the gold spike one) a few weeks ago and LOVE it. Happy weekend preparing for Christmas! xo

16. December 17, 2011 / 3:12 am

Thanks for the sweet shout out! LOVE LOVE LOVE your card!
    So needing that TB blanket!!!
    xoxox

17. December 17, 2011 / 2:45 pm

Love that TB blanket! Um, I saw that Stella and Dot bracelet and have really wantetd it. Your Christmas card is so stinkin' cute!!! Have a great weekend!

18. December 17, 2011 / 4:26 pm

I *LOVE* that blanket! Yeah, it's a good thing you posted that quote with all this stuff because otherwise I would be amending my list yet again (and I think the hubbs might go insane!)! Such a sweet reminder to remember how lucky we really are (c:

19. December 17, 2011 / 4:35 pm

My cookies never look as good as the photos either. Bet yours tasted good though! Fun blanket and I love the Christmas card!

20. December 17, 2011 / 5:52 pm

Your Christmas cards this year are darling!! hope you have a great weekend!

21. December 17, 2011 / 7:24 pm

Martha's cookies may look prettier, but yours look more yummy!

22. December 18, 2011 / 2:58 am

Yep- I want that bracelet too! Been eyeing it for a while but never seen the blanket before. Must make mental note to "hint" about it to my hobby. I am sure I could always use another gift right? I deserve it right? Lol!