Nursery Sneak Peak

I have been busy working on some changes in Little Man’s Nursery. Nothing major, we are staying in the crib as long as we can. Just a few “big boy” changes like:

A new rug. You might remember me saying how a white sheepskin rug was a bad idea. I loved it for his newborn nursery but that thing was filthy. Here is its replacement. I was originally going to order the Urban Outfitters Zig-zag rug but it was backordered til Christmas. I like immediate gratification, so thank you Homegoods!
A little more masculine right?

We also added a new storage ottoman. So genius, the top comes off so we can store toys inside. This baby is probably 20 years old. It used to be my parents and I recovered the top. I love the vintage and masculine feel of the wood. And you know I love me an animal print.

And I finally got around to framing my prints, I blogged about HERE. We framed all 6 of these for about $50. I found the frames at Micheals on clearance and used black construction paper as the mat. I will show a final reveal once I hang them, but I am waiting on my Dad to hang them. He is the master picture hanger!

The bear is my favorite print!

And I can’t forget the Dinosaur Sterling picked out to go with it all!

Somebody is very excited about the big boy changes!

Next I plan to restyle his bookshelves and I am working on a painting for over his changing table. I share a final reveal when everything is done!

1. October 27, 2011 / 12:03 pm

Love that rug! It's so similar to one I picked up for our house. I got the large size for the dining room and two smaller ones to use somewhere else.

2. October 27, 2011 / 12:09 pm

awesome rug, check
    awesome prints, check
    awesome storage bin,check

yes the room looks awesome…once you are done with your cookbook time to become an interior designer!!

3. October 27, 2011 / 12:41 pm

It looks great, and I cant wait to see it in person today!

PS never made it to Costco, so I whipped up something homemade at 6:00 this morning ;)So excuse my appearance!

4. October 27, 2011 / 1:14 pm

Love it and it looks like Sterling does, too! That rug is great!

5. October 27, 2011 / 1:33 pm

Natalie, the room looks amazing. I love the rug and bin…..He is such a cutie!!

6. October 27, 2011 / 1:37 pm

That rug is perfect!! Great find! All of the changes are definitely fit for a boy. He's going to love his newly styled room!! Sterling is just too cute!! love that little smile.

7. October 27, 2011 / 2:48 pm

I love the new rug and the ottoman girl! Great changes going on! It's always fun changing things up…and speaking of changing things up, I made your recipe last night and it was DELICIOUS and a hit!!! Thanks, girl!

8. October 27, 2011 / 10:46 pm

It looks so good! I love the new rug and that ottoman. Great work!

9. November 7, 2011 / 3:55 pm

It looks so cute! I love the rug & the storage bin (sorry I am just now catching up on previous posts :)) xo Lisa