VMA Fashions, In my Humble Opinion

For the most part I feel like I am way too old to be watching the VMA’S. I remember a time when I looked forward to them so much, now I pretty much just tune in to see the fashions. My favorite part was Beyonce’s adorable announcement that she was pregnant! They are going to have one gorgeous talented baby! Here are a few of my best and worst dressed picks.

BEST DRESSED

Beyonce

Probably my favorite look of the night. She looks amazing in orange and I love the one-shoulder dress.

Zoe Saldana

I read somewhere that Rachel Zoe dresses her which explains why she always looks amazing. This dress fit her perfect and I thought it was a fun look for the awards.

Katie Holmes

Love the dress not too sure how I feel about the shoes. Katie has been looking great lately though, but on the super skinny side.

WORST DRESSED

Miley Cyrus

This looks like something an 80 year old would wear. Not digging the dress and jewelry together. The dress is just way too busy.

Selena Gomez

I just don’t get this outfit. I think Selena is so cute and this look just dates her. It reminds me of something a vampire would wear.

Katy Perry

I have no words for this outfit just bad.

HONORABLE MENTION

Britney Spears

I am not a huge fan of this look but I don’t exactly hate it either. I think the shoes are the worst part, the shorts may may been cute with high heeled pumps. I miss the days when Britney was at her peak. I think she needs a stylist!

Happy Monday! Who did you love last night?

1. August 29, 2011 / 12:17 pm

I didn't watch, I dont have enough of an attention span. But totally agree with all of your fashion commentary!

2. August 29, 2011 / 12:32 pm

I never watch awards shows but always love checking the fashions out afterwards–thanks for the recap! My favorite was Zoe's dress!

3. August 29, 2011 / 12:37 pm

haha i cant believe i stayed up and watched it- i def felt old too 😉 but i agree i loved beyonce's announcement and screamed watching it- i think my fav dress of the night was def Zoe's as well!!

4. August 29, 2011 / 12:46 pm

I missed the big Beyonce announcement, but saw it this morning on the news. She looks fab and sooo happy!!

HATED Britney Spears' shoes and What was Nicki Minaj wearing? Woof!

5. August 29, 2011 / 1:13 pm

I just felt old watching the show, I didn't know who half the people were!

6. August 29, 2011 / 1:15 pm

I loved Beyonce's performance -especially her baby announcement. I LOVE Zoe Saldana -saw her on Chelsey Lately and really love her personality.

Brandon watched the VMAs with me & his two comments pertaining to fashion were, "Nikki Minaj looks like 'Hello Kitty'" and "Why does Katy Perry have a box on her head?"

Haha, I have to agree!

7. August 29, 2011 / 1:23 pm

Totally agree with all of our opinions. And I felt so old too watching. Brit needs a stylist in a major way.

8. August 29, 2011 / 1:44 pm

LOVED Beyonce, she was working it in that gown and in a bedazzled blazer! Miley looked like a hot mess.

9. August 29, 2011 / 2:15 pm

Love love love Beyonce! She just stole the whole show! I feel you on feeling to old. I didn't know anyone.

10. August 29, 2011 / 2:43 pm

The fashion is always the best part! I agree with you Beyonce looked great in orange! It makes me want to dress in orange for the next wedding/event I attend, a great summer/fall color!

11. August 29, 2011 / 3:19 pm

I didn't watch…but have it recorded…clearly for the fashion! So cute that B is preggo! 🙂

12. August 29, 2011 / 4:56 pm

it's really weird because i love all my gossip mags…but i never watch any award shows. so weird i know! but i am stoked for beyonce!!

13. August 29, 2011 / 5:52 pm

Totally agree with all your thoughts! Wasn't that the most awkward moment when Gaga was dressed as some man and tried to kiss Brittany?

14. August 29, 2011 / 9:59 pm

I missed the VMAs so thanks for the recap! I loved Zoe and Katie Holmes' looks and Beyonce's announcement was too cute! You can tell she is beyond excited.

15. August 30, 2011 / 1:33 am

I watched it and my favorite part of the show was
    Jay-Z's reaction. It was priceless! Katie Holmes looked great!

16. August 30, 2011 / 3:00 am

I love the orange on Beyonce, and I have to admit, Katie Perry does put a smile on my face. Ha…

Stop by and say hi, and check my RHWoBH update…

ciao

17. August 30, 2011 / 3:46 am

I totally agree with all of your choices. Beyonce was definitely my fave for the night (and completely stole the show with her news), and I also loved Katie Holmes' dress.

18. August 30, 2011 / 5:45 am

Amen and holla at your girl to Britney needing a stylist…she should hire Rachel Zoe because if that is how Zoe always looks so fab, it would be worth every stinkin' penny!!! And Beyonce was absolutely *stunning*…LOVE that they are finally having a little bundle of joy! (c:

19. August 30, 2011 / 6:36 pm

you are not too old for the VMA's I have it recorded, but still haven't watched it!! Love your outfit re-cap!! ps I follow you charleston girls' blogs because I want to live there one day… {Sorry to sound creepish} I adore your blog and your family is so cute!! xo

20. August 31, 2011 / 1:23 am

I totally missed the VMAs!!! Lol!!! Oh well! I did see the fashion recap on one of those gossip shows, and I love your recap! I agree with you on everyone! And I love B's orange dress!!!