Recommendations

Ok ladies I need some recommendations on a few things.

1) EYE CREAM

Do ya’ll have an eye cream you love? I absolutely love LaMer but I am looking for a less expensive version to alternate with. Currently I have been using Clinque Daily Eye Benefit. I like it ok but wish it was a little thicker.

2) BOOKS

I need a new book to read now that I finished The Help. I loved it and Firefly Lane which I read right before it. I want a great new book to read that is as good as those two were!

I appreciate any recommendations! Have a great weekend! I am off to Charlotte for an engagement party for a dear friend. I can’t wait to see all my favorite ladies and my parents! xoxo

1. August 12, 2011 / 12:50 pm

Mario Bedescu eye cream is amazing, perfectly thick. And I just finished The Help too, I heard the Hunger Games are incredible, thats my next read. Have a great weekend lady. xo

2. August 12, 2011 / 12:54 pm

I don't even know why i'm commenting since we discussed both of these things last night… but yes, bobbi brown eye cream and I'm in the middle of The Help and LOVE it.

3. August 12, 2011 / 1:15 pm

I agree Bobbi Brown is good but right now I'm loving Origins!

4. August 12, 2011 / 1:28 pm

Ok, here are some good reads – different from The Help, but really good – The Glass Castle, Heaven is for Real, The Swan House and To Dance With the White Dog! Happy Reading! Have fun in Charlotte!!! xx.

5. August 12, 2011 / 1:54 pm

I'm always switching creams because I am a member of new beauty test tube so I think it's great to switch often.
    As far as books go, I just finished water for elephants (which was great!) and now I'm reading the hunger games! It's a 3 book series, but so far so GREAT! 😉

6. August 12, 2011 / 2:09 pm

Girlfriend! I just started using Clinique Repair Wear for eyes. I love love love La Mer but this one is pretty good too. Thicker than most I've used. I don't have any book recommendations, but I just put "Object of Beauty" by the actor, Steve Martin, on hold at the library and I heard that "The Art of Racing in the Rain" is a must-read for dog lovers. Have a great weekend!

7. August 12, 2011 / 2:10 pm

The Glass Castle is an excellent book! As are all of the Lisa See books-Snowflower and the Secret Fan was my favorite, followed by Shanghai Girls and Dreams of Joy (sequels).

8. August 12, 2011 / 2:17 pm

"Half Broke Horses"–by author of "The Glass Castle" and "Bloodroot" (so good)

9. August 12, 2011 / 2:27 pm

I use a lot of Dr. Belter products and I like them. Their eye stuff is a gel like serum. Reading The Hunger Games now and can't put it down. Although the premise is a little disturbing, I got past that.

10. August 12, 2011 / 2:41 pm

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, best book I have ever read, hands down.

11. August 12, 2011 / 2:44 pm

I loved The Help and can't wait to see the movie! The Same Kind of Different as Me is the best book I have ever read. I am reading Room right now and that is a good read also.

12. August 12, 2011 / 2:45 pm

So glad you finished it!! You might like Little Bee. I thought it was pretty good and definitely kept my attention..which is hard, trust me. haha. Great meeting you last night!!!

13. August 12, 2011 / 3:00 pm

I use Olay and really like it. Bobbi Brown is really good too! I'm planning on reading "A Place of Yes" and "Groundswell" next…both blogger recommendations! 🙂 Have a gun weekend Natalie!

14. August 12, 2011 / 3:02 pm

Bobbi Brown's eye cream is great! and lasts forever. A good book is the new one by Nicholas Sparks- Safe Haven.

15. August 12, 2011 / 3:16 pm

found the beach house white!! Thank You! and also picked up some simply naked unoaked chardonnay…I second the Bobbi Brown Eye Cream…have a great weekend!

16. August 12, 2011 / 3:18 pm

Great to meet you last night! I will be following this thread because I need to start using eye cream…

I'm going to see The Help tomorrow…loved the book and hoping the movie is just as good. 🙂

17. August 12, 2011 / 3:24 pm

I don't use eye cream. I'm an idiot right? I just smear my moisturizer on my eyes too.

Have you read Sarah's Key? The best book I've read in years but it will haunt you. Go read it!

18. August 12, 2011 / 3:30 pm

I swear by Estee Lauder eye cream but I also love Clinique's moisture surge. Happy Friday!

19. August 12, 2011 / 3:46 pm

Have you read The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes?

This is more serious, but I loved Same Kind of Different As Me. Life changing book 🙂

I've heard awesome things about The Art of Racing in the Rain.

Kind of random, but I tore through Into Thin Air. And also A Long Way Gone.

20. August 12, 2011 / 3:52 pm

I love the Clinique All About Eyes Rich! The Rich version is nice and thick. As for books I need to jot down the recommendations here for a new book for me! 🙂

21. August 12, 2011 / 4:29 pm

You got a lot of recommendations! I use Bobby Brown Eye cream. Makes the concealor go on smooth.

22. August 12, 2011 / 4:46 pm

Same Kind Of Different As Me, I made my husband read it after me. Loved The Help . I use philosophy eye cream 🙂

23. August 12, 2011 / 6:20 pm

I loved The Help! I'm reading a book called Graceling right now and it's really good. Another GREAT one is Divergent. A must-read!

Eye cream – I don't use any… I know. So bad.

24. August 12, 2011 / 7:56 pm

Some good books we've read in my book club:
    1. Guernsey Potato Peel Pie and Literary Society 2. The 13th Tale 3. Sarah's Key 4. Room 5. My Name is Mary Sutter (if you like historical fiction) 6. The Art of Racing in the Rain

25. August 12, 2011 / 8:55 pm

I love La Mer but I switch it out every couple days with Bobbi Brown, because that stuff is expensive!!

One of my favorite books is Sarah's Key I recommend this to anyone that asks. It is also being made into a movie that is coming out soon, but read the book first!!

26. August 12, 2011 / 9:00 pm

I used to wear estee lauder. I've recently switched over to MAC and I LOVE it!

27. August 12, 2011 / 10:06 pm

I love my Estee Lauder eye cream, pretty awesome. I think is called intense eye treatment or something like that 😉

28. August 12, 2011 / 11:08 pm

Arbonne eye cream is the best…seriously I noticed a difference (and no I do not sell it either!) I've also used Aveda and liked it pretty well. On the book front….I've heard the Hunger Games and Divergent is great. Did you ever read American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld…it was really good!

29. August 13, 2011 / 12:11 am

I can't say I know anything better than La Mer, but I also love Kate Somerville and Keihls. I'm reading The Secret Life of Cee Cee Wilkes and LOVE it.

30. August 13, 2011 / 3:22 am

I was getting this great eye cream from my dermatologist. I loved it, but it was like $70/ounce so I looked up the ingredients and caffeine appeared to be the magic so I switched to 100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream (about $20/ounce) and like it almost 😉 as much. I am the last person in America to read The Shack, but I thought it was a great read…got me thinking.

31. August 13, 2011 / 4:36 am

I use shisheido eye cream, it was recommended to me as a less expensive option than le mer. Books-if you're a dog lover, you must read a dog's purpose and the art of racing in the rain. 🙂

32. August 13, 2011 / 5:50 am

I was going to recommend CHANEL
    SUBLIMAGE EYE ESSENTIAL REGENERATING CREAM. I received a .1 oz sample from a Neiman's event and have liked it. I don't feel the need to wear concealer under the eye anymore. However, I just looked it up and it's $200 for half an once!!!! Looks like I need to read through the comments to see what I can afford to buy when this runs out! bummer! As for books to read I have two I enjoyed from the book club I am in. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford is powerful love story, and has some of the same meaningful elements of The Help. Also The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon is an incredible thriller, a little dark, but a great read!!

33. August 13, 2011 / 8:14 pm

Bobbi Brown eye cream. I could not live without it. It makes there concealer go on perfectly.
    As for books, I LOVED The Help! Try Water for Elephants, The Art of Racing in the Rain and The Glass Castle. All are awesome sugestions! You won't want to put any of them down.

34. August 14, 2011 / 1:03 am

I use Keihls but love La Mer too :(. Dang it it's so exp! And I am just starting Hunger Games- so excited my friends said it's beyond amazing xo Lisa

35. August 14, 2011 / 1:20 am

I love Cosmedix Opti Crystal eye serum. You only need to apply a tiny amount and you'll see results! I just read Maria Menounos' book, 'The Everygirl's Guide to Life.' Loved it and it was a quick read.

36. August 14, 2011 / 1:56 am

I forgot to mention that Cosmedix Opti Crystal serum is very thick! A little goes a long way!

37. August 14, 2011 / 7:43 pm

Chanel Sublimage.

It is expensive, but you only use such a teensy amount that it can last for over a year easily. Its thick but blends in really quick and isn't 'greasy' feeling. Oh and works really well too!

38. August 15, 2011 / 7:19 pm

Have you read Bloodroot by Amy Greene? I thought it was amazing. I also (more recently) enjoyed Names My Sisters Call Me (Crane) and The Soldier's Wife (Leroy).

39. August 15, 2011 / 7:31 pm

So many good recommendations!

I second: The Art of Racing in the Rain, Sarahs Key, Room, The Hunger Games, The Book Thief. I am about to finish Heaven is for Real and it is very good also and a quick read.

40. August 17, 2011 / 12:13 pm

i need to find a less expensive eye cream! i go back and forth between chanel and dior. i have tried bobbi brown, i thought it was ok. will have to try the clinique you recommended! i just read a great book, but i can not remember the name i blame mommy brain for that! when i think of it i will let you know! oh! it was the new jennifer weiner book! very good!
    i downloaded firefly lane after you recommended it! i cant wait to read it! as soon as i find time! 😉

41. August 17, 2011 / 12:19 pm

42. August 19, 2011 / 12:52 pm

Eye Youth Complex by IS Clinical is the best i've tried yet and i've tried them all!