Statement Pieces

Lately I have really been wanting to get some original artwork in my house. Top on my list is a painting by my dear friend Katie Stevenson- her artwork is stunning. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know how much I love her work. She is so talented and I think the painting would have even more meaning since a good friend painted it. These are two of my favorite paintings she has done.

You can view all her artwork HERE
I am also a huge fan of Sally King Benedict, another local artist here in Charleston. Her work is gorgeous as well.

Check out her full gallery HERE
These are a few beautiful pieces I have seen floating around the blogersphere that I am really digging as well. Can you tell I love modern art and the bigger the better!

Happy Thursday! I am off to meet two of my favorite bloggers for a coffee date! xoxo

1. July 28, 2011 / 12:15 pm

love all of it! the piece over the mantle is my favorite!! check out kendall boggs too, great stuff. wish i was on the way to meet u for starbucks!!! thanks for getting back to me about the tea…beach with friends this weekend…thinking I may need it Monday 🙂

2. July 28, 2011 / 1:06 pm

Ohhh you should definitely get a piece from your friend, her work is gorgeous. I am with you, I love huge modern art. Especially in a space with a little more traditional feel. Gorgeous pieces!

3. July 28, 2011 / 1:08 pm

I love all of them! Its amazing how beautiful the art ties into the room and brings so much more life to it! Great choices.

4. July 28, 2011 / 1:34 pm

These are so gorgeous. You should look on Etsy for statement pieces as well, great talent out there!

5. July 28, 2011 / 2:04 pm

I've never loved modern art but recently I've been so drawn to it. I love all the colors. There is just something about original art that just really elevates a space.

6. July 28, 2011 / 2:40 pm

I like the last one. Some abstract art annoys me. It looks like something I could paint even though I know I couldn't!!!

7. July 28, 2011 / 3:27 pm

those are cool- i love all the fun bright colors and random patters/shapes in modern art. how fun to load up on a few pieces!!

8. July 28, 2011 / 6:38 pm

Love the black and white painting. I think Sally King Benedict's work is amazing!! Your friend has lots of talent, too.

9. July 28, 2011 / 9:09 pm

Oooh, I LOVE art like this! I have one modern piece over my fireplace but need a few more pieces.

10. July 28, 2011 / 11:33 pm

I LOVE the colors in the Benedict pieces! I'm totally with you on having artwork by your friend, as well! One of my cousins is an incredible artist and I would love to have something by her for my future home!

11. July 28, 2011 / 11:35 pm

Love every last bit of these statement pieces! I would kill for some original art in our house!