Oreo Truffle Balls

As promised here is the recipe for the Oreo Truffle Balls I made over the weekend. These were insanely good and so easy to make! I think they would be adorable to serve at a shower or birthday party. Although beware this is what happens when a hungry baby gets his hands on the Oreo balls.

My oreo balls don’t look quite as pretty as the above picture but I can assure you they tasted amaze.

OREO TRUFFLE BALLS

1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg. (16.6 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 4-1/4 cups), divided
2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted (i used mini chocolate chips)

MIX cream cheese and 3 cups cookie crumbs until well blended. (I crushed the oreos in my food processor and then blended in the cream cheese)

SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.

**The original recipe I used called for 2 tablespoons of Crisco melted in with the chocolate chips. I did this in a double broiler. All the recipes I found online didn’t call for Crisco, so make as you like. You could also use white chocolate instead if you prefer.**

Print Recipe HERE

1. Avatar June 1, 2011 / 11:22 am

yeah, we're gonna have to talk about you posting recipes like this during swim suit season. How about keep it to Gywnnie salads until I can hide behind puffy vests and long sweaters! HA! LOVE LOVE LOVE these crazy yummy addicting little balls! I'm sure your the readers favorite today!!!
    xoxox

2. Avatar June 1, 2011 / 12:42 pm

Can't wait to try your latest recipe, Natalie! Thanks!

3. Avatar June 1, 2011 / 1:44 pm

I make these (haven't in a while) and they are sooo yummy!! I always have a problem with getting them to look pretty. We must find a solution. How do the pros do it?

4. Avatar June 1, 2011 / 2:22 pm

Holy, yum! Those look amazing!

5. Avatar June 1, 2011 / 2:53 pm

this is exactly why I just added you to my blogroll!!! i don't want to miss out on this goodness!

6. Can "yummy" even describe these bad boys??? The answer is definitely a "NO!" I mean seriously, can you combine oreos and chocolate and not come out with something amazing?!?!

7. Avatar June 1, 2011 / 6:38 pm

EEK! Sterling is cracking me up…how cute! I seriously have to stop looking at recipe blog posts so early in the morning!!

8. Avatar June 1, 2011 / 6:39 pm

Love the Oreo truffles. If you haven't already, try them with the mint Oreos.
    To. Die. For!!!

Love the blog 🙂

9. Avatar June 2, 2011 / 12:15 am

OMGGGGG these look so flippin delish!!! And your little one is just as precious as ever!

10. Avatar June 2, 2011 / 1:59 am

No fair! You can not tease a pregnant lady with OREOS!!!! I am dying over how good these look!!!! Looks like Sterling loved them! He is too adorable!!

11. Avatar June 2, 2011 / 11:36 am

Orea truffle balls?! What a fun treat!!! And your little one is ADORABLE.

12. Avatar June 2, 2011 / 1:25 pm

when is your cookbook coming out?