Oreo Truffle Balls

As promised here is the recipe for the Oreo Truffle Balls I made over the weekend. These were insanely good and so easy to make! I think they would be adorable to serve at a shower or birthday party. Although beware this is what happens when a hungry baby gets his hands on the Oreo balls.

My oreo balls don’t look quite as pretty as the above picture but I can assure you they tasted amaze.

OREO TRUFFLE BALLS

1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg. (16.6 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 4-1/4 cups), divided
2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted (i used mini chocolate chips)

MIX cream cheese and 3 cups cookie crumbs until well blended. (I crushed the oreos in my food processor and then blended in the cream cheese)

SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.

**The original recipe I used called for 2 tablespoons of Crisco melted in with the chocolate chips. I did this in a double broiler. All the recipes I found online didn’t call for Crisco, so make as you like. You could also use white chocolate instead if you prefer.**

Print Recipe HERE

1. June 1, 2011 / 11:22 am

yeah, we're gonna have to talk about you posting recipes like this during swim suit season. How about keep it to Gywnnie salads until I can hide behind puffy vests and long sweaters! HA! LOVE LOVE LOVE these crazy yummy addicting little balls! I'm sure your the readers favorite today!!!
    xoxox

2. June 1, 2011 / 12:42 pm

Can't wait to try your latest recipe, Natalie! Thanks!

3. June 1, 2011 / 1:44 pm

I make these (haven't in a while) and they are sooo yummy!! I always have a problem with getting them to look pretty. We must find a solution. How do the pros do it?

4. June 1, 2011 / 2:22 pm

Holy, yum! Those look amazing!

5. June 1, 2011 / 2:53 pm

this is exactly why I just added you to my blogroll!!! i don't want to miss out on this goodness!

6. Can "yummy" even describe these bad boys??? The answer is definitely a "NO!" I mean seriously, can you combine oreos and chocolate and not come out with something amazing?!?!

7. June 1, 2011 / 6:38 pm

EEK! Sterling is cracking me up…how cute! I seriously have to stop looking at recipe blog posts so early in the morning!!

8. June 1, 2011 / 6:39 pm

Love the Oreo truffles. If you haven't already, try them with the mint Oreos.
    To. Die. For!!!

Love the blog 🙂

9. June 2, 2011 / 12:15 am

OMGGGGG these look so flippin delish!!! And your little one is just as precious as ever!

10. June 2, 2011 / 1:59 am

No fair! You can not tease a pregnant lady with OREOS!!!! I am dying over how good these look!!!! Looks like Sterling loved them! He is too adorable!!

11. June 2, 2011 / 11:36 am

Orea truffle balls?! What a fun treat!!! And your little one is ADORABLE.

12. June 2, 2011 / 1:25 pm

when is your cookbook coming out?