Kale Chips

This is a record, two healthy recipes two weeks in a row! I finally had some time yesterday afternoon and made Gwynnie’s Kale Chips out of My Father’s Daughter. These were so easy to make and even tastier than I expected. This is a great way to get your kids to eat a veggie because it crunches like a cracker or chip. I couldn’t stop eating them, but hey nothing to feel bad about its just kale, one of the best veggies you can eat.

Baked Kale Chips
– 1 bunch Kale, stems discarded and leaves roughly torn into about 1.5 inch pieces
– Olive oil
– Salt

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Toss the Kale with olive oil and spread onto two baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt and roast 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy. Eat like potato chips.

**Make sure you tear the kale into big enough pieces because it does shrink as it cooks. I tore some of mine too small and it was hard to get off the pan.**

1. June 29, 2011 / 11:58 am

Wow that is so easy. I buy the baked ones at Whole Foods and they are so good! I think they have a few spices on them including garlic- yum! But it would be so nice to just make them from home!

2. June 29, 2011 / 11:58 am

Kale Chips are the best! My friend recently did a post (www.organizedandobsessed.blogspot.com). Have you ever tried Brad's Raw Chips? They are sold at Whole Foods. Delicious snack!

3. June 29, 2011 / 12:18 pm

These are delicious!!!! I am glad you reminded me about them!!!!

4. June 29, 2011 / 12:41 pm

I tried this with one of those bags of kale at the grocery store – the prewashed ones. Pieces are way too small. I love these things!!

5. June 29, 2011 / 12:49 pm

Everyone and their moms are talking about kale chips these days..guess I have to try them to find out what the fuss is about! 🙂

6. June 29, 2011 / 12:56 pm

I made these last month, my friend was going on and on about how awesome they are, I didn't realize they were Gwynnies because I have her book and I could of followed her directions, anyway I don't think I roasted mine long enough because I was making them from memory…they were just OK, anyway I promised my friend I would give them another try!!

7. June 29, 2011 / 1:16 pm

I make these several times a week. If you use parchment paper on the baking pans the chips don't stick at all.

8. June 29, 2011 / 2:24 pm

I just tried these the other day! So delicious!

9. June 29, 2011 / 8:24 pm

i just made these and legitimately ate an entire bag of kale…wow.
    great recipe! now I need to work on my self control 🙂

10. June 29, 2011 / 10:27 pm

This sounds like a great way to get me to stop sampling the cupcake stores around here! Ugh, apparently if I don't slow down, I am going to have to get better acquainted with the gym and NOBODY likes that! (c: