Obsessions

Happy Tuesday! I just woke up from the weirdest nightmare and it is still weirding me out. Lets just say it involved zombies, plane crashes and ex-boyfriends. So strange!! Anywho here are my obsessions this week!

SHOSHANNA MAXI DRESS

I love, love, love the ikat print and the 70’s style of this dress. I really adore a maxi dress, I would happily have a whole closet full of them. They are staples for me during the summer!

via

THE FABULOUS BEEKMAN BOYS

I watched a marathon of this show on Saturday. Loves it. Matt is totally Josh, the slightly mean one that has to work all the time and I am more like Brent taking care of the house and farm but happy. Is it weird I just compared us to a gay couple? If you haven’t seen this show it airs on Planet Green, watch it!

MUMM NAPA BRUT ROSE
This is a combo between rose and champagne and it is delightful! So light and refreshing but not sweet. I love sparkling wine and champagne this time of the year when it is so hot out! Best part is it is on sale right now at Harris Teeter for $14.99!

CLE DE PEAU CONCEALER
This is the best concealer I have ever used hands down. I have the worst dark under eye circles that became even darker after I had my son and this stuff really conceals them. It is not cheap, about $70 but it works great and the tube lasts forever. I had been out for awhile and my mom just gave me a new tube and I forgot how much I love it!

KATIE LEE JOEL’S THE COMFORT TABLE

I have talked about this cookbook before, but it is honestly one of my favorite cookbooks. Every recipe I have made out of it has been delicious! I use this cookbook so much that the pages are falling out. Yesterday I made her pineapple zucchini bread and it was scrumptious. I am thinking about making her Sheppard’s pie later this week.

1. May 17, 2011 / 12:26 pm

How fab are the Beekmans – I seriously love them! Must try that champagne!

2. May 17, 2011 / 12:34 pm

I've heard so many great things about that concealer I might have to give it a try!

3. May 17, 2011 / 1:04 pm

I have that cookbook and need to try that bread! I love the ikat dress too. I am fabric shopping for my kitchen curtains and currently ikat is in the lead.

4. May 17, 2011 / 1:28 pm

I am def buying that champagne at the teeter today, thanks for the tip!

5. May 17, 2011 / 2:14 pm

Katie Lee Joel is so pretty. I never in a million years would think her cookbook would be good. But everything you post on here is so delicious! I might go get it!

I love maxi dresses too. I'm wearing one today even though it's 50 degrees and I look like a damn fool. 😉

6. May 17, 2011 / 2:49 pm

Love the dress! I have the same problem with dark circles!

7. Pineapple Zucchini??? Tell me more!!! And hello gorgeous! That maxi is a big yes for me…do you think I could use that concealer *all over* my face for freckles??? (c:

8. May 17, 2011 / 3:24 pm

Loving the maxi dress and I must check out this cookbook! Always love finding a new one that is great!

9. May 17, 2011 / 4:09 pm

I'm going to have to try that Mumm Napa! I'm kind of picky when it comes to wine, but love Roses!

10. May 17, 2011 / 4:49 pm

These are all great obsessions! And so glad to find a tip on concealer because my now-discontinued last tube is almost out!!!

11. May 17, 2011 / 5:25 pm

totally agree on the clea de peau concealer! I have serious dark circles too and this stuff does wonders!!!

12. May 17, 2011 / 6:30 pm

I just decided I really need a maxi dress! And the one I wanted from Nordys is gone 🙁 Loving this one you pictured!!

13. May 17, 2011 / 7:43 pm

I have been wanting that cookbook and I'm such a sucker for champagne!

14. May 17, 2011 / 8:09 pm

I love Katie's cookbook and I love her photo's too. Her meatloaf is amazing. My brother in law knows her from college, I wonder what she is up to these days?

15. May 17, 2011 / 8:28 pm

I've always eyed Katie's cookbook, but hesitated to buy it. Now I won't hesitate. By the way, I took your advice and did start a blog. I hope you check it out when you have time!

16. May 18, 2011 / 12:58 am

Natalie I adore that dress and of course need the bubbly with it!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

Come and enter my New Giveaway from Serena & Lily! You will love it!

17. May 18, 2011 / 6:03 am

Good afternoon from Tokyo!

Katie Lee's cookbook is great, isn't it? It's one of the few we managed to smuggle away before our move to Tokyo. I figured anything endorsed by Paula Deen had to be solid!

As for the Beekman Boys…I wish I could watch them here! I've heard nothing but praise in regards to them. Maybe our next move will give us the opportunity.

Have a wonderful week ahead with your lovely family.

Warmly,

Elizabeth

thequonfamily.blogspot.com

18. May 18, 2011 / 12:00 pm

Love your obsessions! Especially the Mumm Napa. Visited the vineyard while in Napa a couple of years ago, one of my favorites!

19. May 19, 2011 / 2:48 am

Love that Shoshanna maxi dress, so perfect!

I have AWFUL dark circles, so I should definitely try that concealer… if it works it's worth every penny!

20. May 19, 2011 / 6:38 pm

That dress is tres fab! I'm totally digging the retro ikat and tie dye prints for summer this year…this is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

xo-Julie